By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC gamers, what makes PC gaming better for you?

Ka-pi96 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Depends on the game and the amount of effort that went into it. If you pick some random game that no one has heard of, then nude mods will be bad but if it's like Skyrim and etc, then yea, it's pretty great

But still that's just boobs and dicks flapping around while you're fighting in games like Skyrim right? That doesn't sound all that great. I get the hentai games, nudity makes sense in those, but in other games doesn't it just feel out of place?

Not in my books but that's the great thing about pc gaming, u can customize it the way u want. If you want some nudity or no nudity or if u want ur character to look like a polar bear, u can.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

* Cheaper games.
* More games.
* Entire Genre's of games that aren't on consoles.
* Better controls.
* Better graphics.
* Better sound.

..But I would still be a "PC Gamer" even if I didn't play any games, I do enjoy hardware.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Let' see:

• customizability everywhere (from games to hardware)
  • mods
  • free online multiplayer
  • the sheer amount of games, i.e. diversity
  • free platform (not locked by the platform owner, compare to Android vs. iOS)
  • versatile operating systems that are efficient to use (compared to consoles and smartphones)
  • cheaper games

EDIT: After reading some ofter posts, I got some things to add:

• much better controls for most games (and the option to use console controls for games where it's the better method)
  • better framerate
Last edited by Zkuq - on 17 November 2017

Not being locked to platform holder hardware updates to experience future and current games in a better way.

Who wants to wait another 2-4 years for 30fps 4k average when you can upgrade at any time and your *entire* games library instantly benefits? All while not having to pay full retail on games, and not having to pay to play online.

I don't identify as a PC gamer, but here's a list of Pros for PC:

1. Backwards and Forwards Compatibility
2. Superior FPS/RTS Controls
3. Variety of Digital Storefronts
4. Ability to upgrade specs

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I just want to see the highest graphical setting a game can achieve while running it at the smoothest it can get, but I can't even achieve that as I don't have the likes of a 4k HDR monitor/tv(or any latest to come) and I can't catch up to the latest upgrades on PC parts. So still not achieving anything when it comes to pc for me.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

BasilZero said:
Azuren said:
I don't identify as a PC gamer, but here's a list of Pros for PC:

1. Backwards and Forwards Compatibility
2. Superior FPS/RTS Controls
3. Variety of Digital Storefronts
4. Ability to upgrade specs

But the OP says PC gamers

Didn't stop him from posting previously in the console thread.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
BasilZero said:

But the OP says PC gamers

Didn't stop him from posting previously in the console thread.

By "him", I imagine you mean me?.

The guy who already owns a 3DS, N3DS and is planning on getting a Switch next year?. There also wasn't a rule in the OP's thread either about who can and cannot comment either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

When I was still a PC gamer, pretty much all that's been mentioned already. (except for the onslaught of cheap digital games, that was later, it just stresses me out how many unplayed games I have access to now lol)

But I'll add the ability to cheat. From backing up save games that are supposed to reset on death, to editing the save games giving you more money/resources, to active cheats that alter the game in progress. As long as its not online I don't see an issue with it. Playing billiards with cars in NFS Most wanted by instantly changing the speed of the car was actually more fun than the game itself!

Lan play! When I was still playing mostly on PC you only needed one physical copy to play co-op or vs in lan. One copy of Unreal tournament worked with 4 networked pcs, IL-2 Sturmovik, NFS Porsche Unleashed against each other by simply putting the disc in the other machine when it asked for it. As long as all the pcs had the same windows version, lan play was easy and tons of fun.

Plus I still miss the days when my wife and I played Everquest and WoW together side by side. No time for that nowadays nor can I sit behind a pc for that long either anymore. But those were great times.

Dat modding capability, yo!