By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What does MS need to do?

Ail said:
rocketpig said:
Well right now, it's Crysis. Console gamers are also getting bastardized versions of games like BioShock and Call of Duty 4.

This year, we should see a few PC games that look and play much better on PC than anything on a console. In two more years, the gap will be huge. Shit, most console games can't even run at 1080p. That will be a serious limitation moving forward.

Hmm has there really been serious complains of console owners complaining about how CoD4 or Bioshock play on their consoles compared to how they play on the PC ????? Because I haven't heard them...

Console owners aren't complaining because most of them haven't seen the games run at 60fps locked in the equivalent of a 1080p resolution. BioShock in particular looked quite a bit better on PC. I've only heard my friends talk about CoD4 on PC, never seen it run.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

They could always try and make one that works, that would help consumer confidence. M$ shot themselves in the foot by trying to be first out of the door. People buy what they know and trust. Sony are an electrics company and M$, well they designed Vista and lets not get started on that.

MS has nothing to lose, they are still an underdog while ahead of sony. They need to take control of NA and not let it fall. the 360 sells great software wise, meaning they will profit no matter what. but they cant lose NA during this generation.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
rocketpig said:
Ail said:
rocketpig said:
Well right now, it's Crysis. Console gamers are also getting bastardized versions of games like BioShock and Call of Duty 4.

This year, we should see a few PC games that look and play much better on PC than anything on a console. In two more years, the gap will be huge. Shit, most console games can't even run at 1080p. That will be a serious limitation moving forward.

Hmm has there really been serious complains of console owners complaining about how CoD4 or Bioshock play on their consoles compared to how they play on the PC ????? Because I haven't heard them...

Console owners aren't complaining because most of them haven't seen the games run at 60fps locked in the equivalent of a 1080p resolution. BioShock in particular looked quite a bit better on PC. I've only heard my friends talk about CoD4 on PC, never seen it run.

I wish people would stop caomparing consoles and PC's. At the end of the day the percentage of people with rigs good enough to outperform the PS3/360 pales in comparison to the amount of console owners. I am no way paying to constantly to uprgade my system for a few more textures. Consoles reach a larger mass of gamers and offer ease of use and therefore the majority could not really give a stuff if a $2000 system outperforms a $400 system. I am gauranteed when i buy a console game it will work in my machine, when i played on my PC there would always be some stupid problem that would crop up. If you pay more for a graphics card than a games console then you should expect better but as i said the mjaority could not care less.

psrock said:
MS has nothing to lose, they are still an underdog while ahead of sony. They need to take control of NA and not let it fall. the 360 sells great software wise, meaning they will profit no matter what. but they cant lose NA during this generation.

Maybe not but M$ inability to be able to judge the rest of the worlds gaming needs is a problem. You can not survive on one territory alone. 

Around the Network

I don't know what it's going to do , but I'd like it to liquidate.

TKC-Muzzer said:
rocketpig said:
Ail said:
rocketpig said:

I wish people would stop caomparing consoles and PC's. At the end of the day the percentage of people with rigs good enough to outperform the PS3/360 pales in comparison to the amount of console owners. I am no way paying to constantly to uprgade my system for a few more textures. Consoles reach a larger mass of gamers and offer ease of use and therefore the majority could not really give a stuff if a $2000 system outperforms a $400 system. I am gauranteed when i buy a console game it will work in my machine, when i played on my PC there would always be some stupid problem that would crop up. If you pay more for a graphics card than a games console then you should expect better but as i said the mjaority could not care less.

If you read my posts, I'm talking about technology here and how it will apply to the next generation of consoles. The comparison is only to illustrate that PCs are already ahead of consoles (rather cheaply too, about $600-700) and how that in 2-3 more years, that gap will only widen.

Meaning that by 2010, MS will be able to produce a $300-400 console that will absolutely annihilate the 360 and PS3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

TKC-Muzzer said:
psrock said:

Maybe not but M$ inability to be able to judge the rest of the worlds gaming needs is a problem. You can not survive on one territory alone. 

If they can survive iN Others, they'll be fine. Japan is no longer as important as it used to be in the console war. AND i do mean CONSOLES.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

- price drop

- get more CONSOLE exclusive to attract core/casual gamers

- more party games online/OFFLINE to attract more console gamers WHO loves party games (do you know Wii anyone ?)

Summary : drop the price AND INCREASE the value of the arcade model with good casual/party games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to Work !

@Rocketpig , it's never been about what they're able to put on the shelves , it's whether there will be a demand for it or not.Releasing next gen hardware early also has crazy disadvantages.

-High hardware costs
-Poor software support
-High development costs
-Damage in consumer confidence

@psrock Regardless of Japan's position (wether it be 1st ,2nd or 3rd) it's still a huge source of revenue , with the US going into recession and European and asian mark experiencing growth , MS will need to shift it's focus away from NA.