By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What does MS need to do?

I think Microsoft need to have a stronger first party showing. They rely too much on third parties. Plus they need to get their heads around the fact that throwing money at a problem will not fix it. Microsoft in general have a bad reputation in general, they are seen as the big evil company, whether they deserve it or not is arguable but they definitely need to get rid of their public bully image, and need to be the driving force behind the 360. I think if they release this X-mote (wii remote knock off) they will definitely not be helping themselves.
Like sean Malstrom says Its Not about looking at a bird fly and thinking "oh its because they have feathers, so if i have feathers that means i can fly!!", thats just stupid, its about studying the rules behind flight. All Microsoft are looking at in this situation, is that people are buying the Wii because of the remote and motion sensing, but that only plays a small part to the Wii's success.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

Can all the bozos that think Sony has a chance in hell of preventing Microsoft from using Blu-Ray if they choose too just stop now please?

Fact: Sony doesn't control Blu-Ray, the Blu-Ray Association does.

Fact: If Sony did control Blu-Ray, and tried to stop Microsoft from using it, they would face an instant anti-trust suit which they would lose. They would receive a huge fine.

Fact: If Sony did control Blu-Ray, and tried to charge Microsoft higher royalties than they charge others, they would face an instant anti-trust suit, which they would lose. They would then receive a huge fine.

Fact: In markets which do not have a monopoly, no company like Microsoft is worried about another company like Sony making money, as long as Microsoft is also making money.

Fact: The console market is not a monopoly.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Can all the bozos that think Sony has a chance in hell of preventing Microsoft from using Blu-Ray if they choose too just stop now please?

Fact: Sony doesn't control Blu-Ray, the Blu-Ray Association does.

Fact: If Sony did control Blu-Ray, and tried to stop Microsoft from using it, they would face an instant anti-trust suit which they would lose. They would receive a huge fine.

Fact: If Sony did control Blu-Ray, and tried to charge Microsoft higher royalties than they charge others, they would face an instant anti-trust suit, which they would lose. They would then receive a huge fine.

Fact: In markets which do not have a monopoly, no company like Microsoft is worried about another company like Sony making money, as long as Microsoft is also making money.

Fact: The console market is not a monopoly.

I agree,  and i do not see why SOny wouldn't want more money, so no reason to even try to prevent MS from using BR.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

$50 price cut and cheaper online

more like 50$ price cut, 1 REAL game (not that 5 arcade game bullcrap), and better advertising for the CONSOLE. (in NA)

The online isn't that much! I don't know why people complain.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

What M$ needs to do is rehab their console failure rate image, i for one would never buy an Xbox 360 becuase of it's failure rate. I know that the failure rate has been improved, but quite frankly the damage to the brand image has been done, and idk if that image will ever be reversed.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting