By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 September 2017

Ka-pi96 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Where?

The part of America where people speak Latin, obviously

Does that include Quebec? And what about Suriname and Guyana?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Im really surprised to see it up so much this year.

It was basically flat YOY in 2016 and typically when a console is flat YOY, the following year is a decline.

Good for Sony!

I think it all comes down to the price.

I believe that every price point has its market saturation point. And last years price of $350 had reached that point for the PS4 where it wouldn't see any growth anymore. If it remained at that price for longer it would even start to see a decline. What has driven sales this year isn't just that it was dropped in price to $299, but that in reality a lot of deals were going on throughout the year where you could get it for as little as $250.

With the right pricing strategy, any product doing well can continue to see yearly growth until it totally saturates its market. Dropping to $199 will do wonders for the PS4 now and if they keep that price for the bulk of next year, then it stands to do even better next year than it did this year. Especially when it starts getting bundled with a game at the $199 price point.

TL;DR, Sony held onto its pricing a little too long last year and thats why it was running flat.

Ka-pi96 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Where?

The part of America where people speak Latin, obviously

LMAOOOOO

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Does that include Quebec? And what about Suriname and Guyana?

How am I meant to know? You're the one that lives in America. Do you know any latin speakers?

Yeah they're in the  cemetery  Latin is not called a dead language for nothing , seeing that Latin hasn't been a native spoken language for about a millennia, I would hazard a guess that there aren't any speakers in Quebec,unless you include it's academic or religious use  but Canadian french is alive and well and protected by the living.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 November 2017

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How am I meant to know? You're the one that lives in America. Do you know any latin speakers?

Yeah they're in the  cemetery  Latin is not called a dead language for nothing , not sure about the number of dead Latin speakers people in Quebec, but Canadian french is  alive and well and protected by the living.

We can ask the Pope to come and try to speak with the dead to see how many people he can communicate with.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
mjk45 said:

Yeah they're in the  cemetery  Latin is not called a dead language for nothing , not sure about the number of dead Latin speakers people in Quebec, but Canadian french is  alive and well and protected by the living.

We can ask the Pope to come and try to speak with the dead to see how many people he can communicate with.

I'm not sure how successful  a means of communication , reciting mass in Latin to a bunch of dead Romans would be, still If that doesn't work , we could hire a truffle pig ,we could retrain him  so rather than sniffing around oak trees he sniffs around  graves looking for spirits to communicate with  using pig Latin , he would have to be an American pig though since his job entails researching Latin America.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 November 2017

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

ThisGuyFooks said:
kazuyamishima said:

I don't know about here.

But most of the people I know in Latin america, still believes that the switch is destroying the Ps4 in terms of sales.

Where?

Im not sure if you are joking.  But just in case:

"Latin America[a] is a group of countries and dependencies in the Americas where Spanish and Portuguese are predominant. The term originated in 19th century France as Amérique latine to consider French-speakingterritories in the Americas (HaitiFrench GuianaMartiniqueGuadeloupeSaint MartinSaint Barthélemy) along with the larger group of countries where Spanish and Portuguese languages prevailed. It is therefore broader than the terms Ibero-America or Hispanic America—though it usually excludes French Canada and modern French Louisiana.

Latin America consists of nineteen sovereign states and several territories and dependencies which cover an area that stretches from the northern border of Mexico to the southern tip of South America, including the Caribbean."  

Damn that PS4 savagery! Wishful thinking but I would hope seeing how well Fifa does in Europe would get Nintendo to make another Mario Strikers game, it's been over 10 years already!

fatslob-:O said:
zorg1000 said:

They have never been front loaded but PS2 did peak in its 2nd year. And like i said, regardless of manufacturer, its very rare for a console to have a stagnant year followed by a year of growth.

It should also be noted that PS2 shipped an additional 35M units, 3 years after the PS3 had released! (PS2 was at 115M units shipped at the end of 2006 and in the same time PS4 will most probably be around 105M+ units and could stand to add another 15/20M or even 30M units if they play their cards right) 

So the sooner PS4 reaches $249/199/149 price range, the sooner the system becomes more accessible for developing and growing regions such as China ... (there's another gold mine Sony could access) 

The real gold mine is India. They are obsessed with all things sony.  Their population will over take China.  When the ps4 becomes more affordable there it will sell a lot. A ps4 super slim for $149 In India has huge potential.

mZuzek said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Damn that PS4 savagery! Wishful thinking but I would hope seeing how well Fifa does in Europe would get Nintendo to make another Mario Strikers game, it's been over 10 years already!

Just a hunch, but I kinda feel like FIFA and Mario Strikers don't quite share the exact same market.

So once again, I get a reply that insuiates I said something I clearly did not say. This only happens so frequently on Vgchartz for some reason, so it ain't my fault!