By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 September 2017

Kerotan said:

The real gold mine is India. They are obsessed with all things sony.  Their population will over take China.  When the ps4 becomes more affordable there it will sell a lot. A ps4 super slim for $149 In India has huge potential.

Doubt it, India is a region with barely any disposable per capita income and will remain that way for a long time ... 

Video gaming itself is a luxury and consoles will most likely be done before India ever develops a consumption driven economy ... 

India may surpass China in population but what good is it if they don't want to consume ...

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Kerotan said:

The real gold mine is India. They are obsessed with all things sony.  Their population will over take China.  When the ps4 becomes more affordable there it will sell a lot. A ps4 super slim for $149 In India has huge potential.

Doubt it, India is a region with barely any disposable per capita income and will remain that way for a long time ... 

Video gaming itself is a luxury and consoles will most likely be done before India ever develops a consumption driven economy ... 

India may surpass China in population but what good is it if they don't want to consume ...

Even a small percentage of consumers is big on such a big population.

Strange to some, but Brazil is claimed to be the 5th biggest vg market in the world.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Strange to some, but Brazil is claimed to be the 5th biggest vg market in the world.

Actually, it's the 13th biggest and that counts F2P PC games along with mobile gaming ... 

So far it looks like Fifa 18 for PS4 alone is going to sell over 5 million first week. People and their Soccer.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Despite everything said about the Switch's success, the PS4 kept selling more than the Switch worldwide throughout the entire month.
Well done PS4

Switch is still successful. Just not as Successful as PlayStation in Europe. Also, isn't the PS4 having it's best selling year this year? You can't compare the two like that when Switch (probably) hasn't even reached it's peak year like The PS4 has.

You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
DonFerrari said:

Actually, it's the 13th biggest and that counts F2P PC games along with mobile gaming ... 

Thanks for the different source. 

https://www.superdataresearch.com/brazil-games-market/

At the time of this research Brazil was 5th. But perhaps you don't know but we are in crisis since 2015 started, so that may have changed the number to what you send. And the size of the market was measured at revenue so being F2P doesn't discredit it, because by population we could possibly be higher.

Anyway, that doesn't affect the point that even if a small percentage of India have enough buying power to buy consoles, that doesn't make it unnatractive. 10% of a 1.5B population is already a 150M people market.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

chakkra said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Where?

Im not sure if you are joking.  But just in case:

"Latin America[a] is a group of countries and dependencies in the Americas where Spanish and Portuguese are predominant. The term originated in 19th century France as Amérique latine to consider French-speakingterritories in the Americas (HaitiFrench GuianaMartiniqueGuadeloupeSaint MartinSaint Barthélemy) along with the larger group of countries where Spanish and Portuguese languages prevailed. It is therefore broader than the terms Ibero-America or Hispanic America—though it usually excludes French Canada and modern French Louisiana.

Latin America consists of nineteen sovereign states and several territories and dependencies which cover an area that stretches from the northern border of Mexico to the southern tip of South America, including the Caribbean."  

I said where, as in which countries of Latin America the people believed the Switch was "destroying" the PS4.

I live in Latin America, and the Switch here is not as popular as the rest of the consoles. My country is dominated by Playstation consoles all around.

I can say that Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama and Chile usually goes with Playstation consoles.

Ive been to those countries and have lots of friends in each one, so im talking from a personal point if view. I dont have any link to support my claims.

ThisGuyFooks said:
chakkra said:

Im not sure if you are joking.  But just in case:

"Latin America[a] is a group of countries and dependencies in the Americas where Spanish and Portuguese are predominant. The term originated in 19th century France as Amérique latine to consider French-speakingterritories in the Americas (HaitiFrench GuianaMartiniqueGuadeloupeSaint MartinSaint Barthélemy) along with the larger group of countries where Spanish and Portuguese languages prevailed. It is therefore broader than the terms Ibero-America or Hispanic America—though it usually excludes French Canada and modern French Louisiana.

Latin America consists of nineteen sovereign states and several territories and dependencies which cover an area that stretches from the northern border of Mexico to the southern tip of South America, including the Caribbean."  

I said where, as in which countries of Latin America the people believed the Switch was "destroying" the PS4.

I live in Latin America, and the Switch here is not as popular as the rest of the consoles. My country is dominated by Playstation consoles all around.

I can say that Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama and Chile usually goes with Playstation consoles.

Ive been to those countries and have lots of friends in each one, so im talking from a personal point if view. I dont have any link to support my claims.

Brazilian as far as I know like Nintendo a lot... but when talking about console it have been PS1, 2 and 4... with only X360 having a chance because of high price of PS3, piracy and XBL on X360 plus better performance for most of gen on multiplats.

DonFerrari said:

Brazilian as far as I know like Nintendo a lot... but when talking about console it have been PS1, 2 and 4... with only X360 having a chance because of high price of PS3, piracy and XBL on X360 plus better performance for most of gen on multiplats.

Yeah man, the X360 was craaazy popular around here because of piracy. Also the Wii.

You could buy pirated disk from street vendors, and surprisingly they always had the last games available LOL

Its funny how piracy can boost the sales of the hardware at a crazy rate on these countries. 

ThisGuyFooks said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah man, the X360 was craaazy popular around here because of piracy. Also the Wii.

You could buy pirated disk from street vendors, and surprisingly they always had the last games available LOL

Its funny how piracy can boost the sales of the hardware at a crazy rate on these countries. 

by last games available you mean released in the same day through P2P shop =]