By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - L.A Noire Switch Version

d21lewis said:
superchunk said:

Why didn't you finish out the game?

It got repetitive and I quit caring about the mystery.

I've been considering buying as I haven't played it. Just wondering if its worth $$.

Around the Network

This game had performance issues even on my kickass PC from back in the day.

LA noire is one of my favorite games of last gen and I am buying it again on ps4.

Sunstrider said:
Weird that you are having framerate issues, not saying you're lying or anything but I saw a video from SpawnWave last night and he had no problems with the framerate in docked or undocked but that was a short clip for the handheld portion though but it looks really steady nonetheless, maybe a minor stutter on your end?

I should've noted that it was pre patch. Maybe that would've made a difference. I've recently made it to the case with the guy who disappeared from his car by the railroad and when I made it to the home to interrogate the wife and search the house, the outside part dropped pretty bad as well. So far it seems that dense vegetation is a choke point. The bank shoot out was smooth, driving is smooth, for the most part its smooth, but that chase thru the park and the house so far as bad.

The game is enjoyable tho. Had these slowdowns occurred during shootouts or something then maybe I'd gripe a bit more about them. 

Games are fun.

d21lewis said:
superchunk said:

Why didn't you finish out the game?

I felt the same way but finished it. Its pretty long game, I didn't find the investing very interesting, and the face reading was boring yet a significant part of the game. The best thing about this game are glitch videos.

Its not terrible a game but its on the boring side and by the time I finished it I was glad it ended. Maybe I will revisit this remaster down the road, maybe I will develop a new appreciation for it, but I would prefer a Max Payne 3 remaster.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
superchunk said:
d21lewis said:

I've been considering buying as I haven't played it. Just wondering if its worth $$.

I'd say yes if youre interested in it. My interest was only mild and the purchase was more so out of support for quality 3rd party titles on the switch.

Games are fun.

Are you playing docked? I am playing it in portable mode and just played through the area you just spoke of and didn't run into any performance issues.

itsyounghavok said:
Sunstrider said:
Weird that you are having framerate issues, not saying you're lying or anything but I saw a video from SpawnWave last night and he had no problems with the framerate in docked or undocked but that was a short clip for the handheld portion though but it looks really steady nonetheless, maybe a minor stutter on your end?

I should've noted that it was pre patch. Maybe that would've made a difference. I've recently made it to the case with the guy who disappeared from his car by the railroad and when I made it to the home to interrogate the wife and search the house, the outside part dropped pretty bad as well. So far it seems that dense vegetation is a choke point. The bank shoot out was smooth, driving is smooth, for the most part its smooth, but that chase thru the park and the house so far as bad.

The game is enjoyable tho. Had these slowdowns occurred during shootouts or something then maybe I'd gripe a bit more about them. 

Oh so you're able to play the game without having to download the 14GB of data?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I might actually get this, but probably in 2018. It doesn't "peak" my interest...but the idea of playing it in bed is cool.

*pique

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Sunstrider said:
itsyounghavok said:

Oh so you're able to play the game without having to download the 14GB of data?

It was 6.4 GB for me and yes you could choose to start software while it downloaded.

Games are fun.