By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 VS Switch lifetime sales, which console will sell the most?

What do you expect?

NSW will win by a huge margin 53 16.06%

NSW will win by a small margin 75 22.73%

PS4 will win by a small margin 75 22.73%

PS4 will win by a huge margin 117 35.45%

Sorry, no troll XB1 option. :P Oh wait... 10 3.03%

Total:330

Ryng said:

my last comment in this site was over a year ago man...

I think i'm quitting gaming-sales discussions i just moved on in my life, that said i went back to VGChartz to see something and i remembered about this thread so now that Switch has officially surpassed PS4 lifetime, the verdect is decided, Switch won.

Thanks to everyone who commented the thread, wish everyone good discussions.

Meh everyone’s interests change.  Good discussion thread though.  And always interesting to look back and see how predictions pan out!

Around the Network
Farsala said:

Depends on PS5 and XB2. If either of them are big hits then I feel they will take the thunder from Switch and current gen consoles.

Sure if either of them are hits then they also hurt the PS4 as well. But the difference is that the PS4 is entering its last years, while when PS5 and XB2 hit it will hit during supposed Switch peak years.

If PS5 or XB2 are big hits then PS4 will only sell around 110m, and Switch say 80m or so as my early prediction.

If neither them are big hits then PS4 might do 115-120m, and Switch has a chance to surpass that.

Maybe all of my predictions are too optimistic and give or take 10m for each, I really prefer to be positive though :).

I surprise even myself. Spot on for PS4, and even left room for Switch to beat it. In the poll, I apparently voted for Switch to beat PS4.

Now you might think PS5 and XB2 are big hits. But PS5 and XB2 weren't big hits on launch due to supply issues.

Not bad for 2017.

I said "Switch will pass PS4 by a small margin" but that's because I believed the PS4 would end up sellin 130+ million and it didn't at the end

Switch is now entering on the realms of DS and Ps2 wow.

34 years playing games.

An extremely nice thread to revisit.