By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What 3DS games are you playing in 2017?

Platina said:
Finished FE Echoes about a month ago, so now focusing on Dragon Quest VII
As always, I'm still playing Rune Factory 4 and Kirby Battle Deluxe

Preordered Pokemon Ultra Moon so will wait for next week to play

Though I'm waiting to buy a few games when they go on a good sale
- EOU2, Stella, Legend of Legacy, MH Stories, Bravely Second among others

Thank you for contributing to the thread! I read your comment and decided to make the OP a little bit more in-depth

Rune Factory? That sounds like an interesting series. I'm debating giving it a try. 

Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are still on my list of to-buy purchases! If EO5 is good enough i'll probably buy more of the 3DS releases 

Monster Hunter Stories is a game I bought with EO5 on Amazon. I've played the first few hours, it's fun but I have to continue.

RingoGaSuki said:
I'm on the 3rd island of Pokemon Ultra Moon at the moment, played FE: SoV and M+L: SS & Bowser's Minions earlier this year, but can't see myself playing anything after finishing with UM.

Is Ultra Sun and Moon even out yet?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Platina said:
Finished FE Echoes about a month ago, so now focusing on Dragon Quest VII
As always, I'm still playing Rune Factory 4 and Kirby Battle Deluxe

Preordered Pokemon Ultra Moon so will wait for next week to play

Though I'm waiting to buy a few games when they go on a good sale
- EOU2, Stella, Legend of Legacy, MH Stories, Bravely Second among others

Thank you for contributing to the thread! I read your comment and decided to make the OP a little bit more in-depth

Rune Factory? That sounds like an interesting series. I'm debating giving it a try. 

Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are still on my list of to-buy purchases! If EO5 is good enough i'll probably buy more of the 3DS releases 

Monster Hunter Stories is a game I bought with EO5 on Amazon. I've played the first few hours, it's fun but I have to continue.

Rune Factory is Harvest Moon x RPG

Sort of like Stardew, but with a big emphasis on battles. Not a game for everyone, but it's one of my favourites

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Fededx said:
I bought a lot of games this year, DQ8 was the first one, Fire Emblem SoV special edition, Ever Oasis, Metroid Samus returns special edition, Hey Pikmin, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, puzzles and dragons super Mario edition, pokemon Y, omega ruby, moon, Persona Q, and one of two more I can't remember now. I'm close to finishing DQ7 (really long game), and playing puzzles and dragons Mario edition from time to time. I still plan to buy pokemon UM, Mario and Luigi SS + Bowser's minions, Radiant Historia and the Alliance Alive next year, maybe the new Kirby, and hoping for DQ11 to come to America, that 2D/3D art style is simply beautiful!

Yes! Someone who is still interested in the machine How does Dragon Quest 7 fair? There are so many JRPGs I get to "get into" the genre and I rarely get far to them. DQ7 ... to be honest the intro was so long I had a hard time getting into the game. Have you played 8? I heard it's way better and that the remaster, as well as base game, is far better. So now i'm curious if I should just move onto 8 or ... lol.

RingoGaSuki said:

It is in *ahem* certain places. 

Without spoiling anything, it's playing like a polished version of S/M, it's 80% the exact same game as S/M, but they seem to have heeded comments about overbearing handholding so far. It's still there, but much more bearable (leans more towards BW's overt signposting rather than S/M's visual novel-level of restrictiveness.)

Events are slightly tweaked from S/M, but the map, the events, the trials (not the totems themselves though) and the battles are 85% the same. Think Yellow/Crystal/Platinum rather than B2/W2; third-game/polished version of the originals, not a sequel. (Then again, I'm only three islands in, haven't hit the meaty bit of the story yet, so that may change).

I'm enjoying it much more than I did X/Y or S/M, a solid 8.75/10 from me, hoping the Rainbow Rocket stuff can lift that score higher.

Would you say it's worth picking up for your casual Pokemon fan that's played Moon? I've only played Omega Ruby and Moon, and both left me kind of wanting more out of the games. I liked both a lot but they were more like a novelty than a great experience.

flashfire926 said:
I have a solid library of 3DS games, but I havent touched my 3DS since we got the Switch at launch. The last game I played was Yoshi and Poochy's woolly world.

What games do you have? 

Also, I am kind of at a dillema. I'm wondering if I should eventually buy stuff like Yoshi and Poochy's Wooly World and Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS, or if I should just wait and see if they get a Switch VC. 

Platina said:

Rune Factory is Harvest Moon x RPG

Sort of like Stardew, but with a big emphasis on battles. Not a game for everyone, but it's one of my favourites

I've never played Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, or Rune Factory. They all ... sort of confuse me   I do kind of get what they're about, just not how they're different. I will probably check Rune though!

Sonic Boom

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
RingoGaSuki said:

It is in *ahem* certain places. 

Without spoiling anything, it's playing like a polished version of S/M, it's 80% the exact same game as S/M, but they seem to have heeded comments about overbearing handholding so far. It's still there, but much more bearable (leans more towards BW's overt signposting rather than S/M's visual novel-level of restrictiveness.)

Events are slightly tweaked from S/M, but the map, the events, the trials (not the totems themselves though) and the battles are 85% the same. Think Yellow/Crystal/Platinum rather than B2/W2; third-game/polished version of the originals, not a sequel. (Then again, I'm only three islands in, haven't hit the meaty bit of the story yet, so that may change).

I'm enjoying it much more than I did X/Y or S/M, a solid 8.75/10 from me, hoping the Rainbow Rocket stuff can lift that score higher.

Would you say it's worth picking up for your casual Pokemon fan that's played Moon? I've only played Omega Ruby and Moon, and both left me kind of wanting more out of the games. I liked both a lot but they were more like a novelty than a great experience.

Honestly? No. They feel too similar to me to warrant a re-purchase. Mantine surfing is a fun side distraction, and the removal of the hour-long snoozefest before you actually got your starter is a big improvement, but there are no significant changes from S/M to speak of. I've often felt like I was playing S/M again, rather than USUM being a whole new game. (particularly after you get to Akala, literally nothing is different on it, Aether Paradise or Ula Ula island, they're straight copy-pastes with some minor story story/wild Pokemon changes). 

If you haven't played any of the older games, I'd recommend giving B2/W2 a look, I feel that they're objectively the most well-rounded, 'complete' Pokemon games there are, more worth the time investment than USUM is.

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 11 November 2017

FInished Metroid: Samus Returns recently and currently playing Hey Pikmin and New Super Mario Bros. 2. GF is in love with Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon right now.

Metroid Samus Returns. Pretty good.

I've also still got Fire Emblem Awakening and Hyrule Warriors lying around but I'm unsure if I'll ever finish them. Besides I never played a single second of HW yet (but beat it on WiiU). More of a collector's item to complete my Zelda collection anyway. Same goes for Triforce Heroes basically, I made it to the final boss like two years ago and then stopped playing because it's such a terrible game, who knows if I'll ever get myself to actually do that final part.

these days fire emblem awakening and senran kagura burst, this year i dunno.. a lot.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Fire emblem echoes shadows of valentia, Bravely Second and Pokémon moon.
Planning to pickup Zelda OoT and Majora's mask if i found them at the right price (not select version).

EDIT
Oh yeah, i'm planning to pick even Ultrasun.