By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What 3DS games are you playing in 2017?

Alkibiádēs said:
None, most 3DS games released this year sucked.

It doesn't have to be a game from this year

Around the Network

Finished Fire Emblem Echoes a week ago and plan to play Dragon Quest VIII next. Also, yesterday I finally got to buy Etrian Odyssey V and Monster Hunter Stories and plan to buy at least ten more games for the 3DS before the end of 2018.

I might need to add that I don't have a Switch yet, only bought Mario + Rabbids out of respect for a great looking SRPG that clearly had a lot of effort and love put in its development.

Current 3DS backlog...

Fire Emblem Awakening

Fire Emblem Fates

Samus Returns

Pokémon Sun

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Monster Hunter Generations

Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon

SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

SMT IV: Apocalypse

Bravely Second End Layer

Persona Q

Kirby Planet Robobot

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Tales of the Abyss

Ever Oasis

Fantasy Life

Damned 3DS games are always so long. I swear every other 3DS JRPG is easily 80+ hours with two playthroughs needed to experience everything. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

This is a game's forum. Games will bring us together !!!

Oh shit, Etrian Odyssey V doesn't have the airship? Lol! That's kind of why I wanted to get it. I thought it had it like 4. Oh well. The great thing about the 3DS is that it has pretty much every Etrian title, so if I like 5 enough I could just buy Untold 1-2, 3 and 4! Thank you Atlus lol

No Airship, but it's a lot more streamlined in some ways than past games. EOU III hasn't been made yet, and might not ever get made. Cross your fingers for that one, because IMO the flat unanimated alphamaps of the DS game just don't cut it graphics wise. Persona Q is basically EO with Persona characters, so check that out as well.