By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Sony Trademark Syphon Filter In Europe

FIT_Gamer said:
NawaiNey said:
Whatever it is, we can assume it'll be at PSX.

It's a new game, I doubt it. It's only been 3 months since the trademark I'd doubt they'd have anything worth teasing this early. If it's a remake/remaster then possibly. 

It's very common for companies to file a trademark shortly before announcing a game. Not many do it before they start working on a title.

Until Dawn for instance was trademarked in July 2014 before being announced at Gamescom in August that year.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Zkuq said:

Do they even have anything that's both good enough and looks good enough to be worth a simple remaster? I mean, aren't mainly the PS1 games of the series loved enough to warrant a re-release, but a simply remaster won't enough for them.

Could always pull a Crash N.Sane Trilogy on us, look how well made that is, looks bloody gorgeous! :P

Haven't played Syphon Filter since the PS1 days, but I'd happily accept either a new game in the series, or even a remaster... although honestly, what I'd love to see more would be a MediEvil remaster/remake/sequel

Sure. That said, Syphon Filter's gameplay, or at least the controls, would need some improvements too... Also, I fully agree about MediEvil!

Last edited by Zkuq - on 10 November 2017

Oh gawd, I played the hell out of the first one. It wasn't very good. Than again I was also playing Golden Eye on the N64 so that might of put the game to shame.

i loved the psone games so im very excited to play the new one

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

TallSilhouette said:
I fucking said that with Konami going down the shitter and Sam Fisher MIA that Sony could capitalize on the vacuum and bring back Syphon Filter. Maybe they listened to me. I await your gratitude.

Thanks man.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
twintail said:
Thinking about it, just use the UC4 engine and change specifics about the gameplay to match Syphon Filter a bit more.

Is UC4 Uncharted 4? That game looks amazing!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
What were the games mainly about?

Kind of "Metal Gearish"

FIT_Gamer said:
NawaiNey said:
Whatever it is, we can assume it'll be at PSX.

It's a new game, I doubt it. It's only been 3 months since the trademark I'd doubt they'd have anything worth teasing this early. If it's a remake/remaster then possibly. 

they patented Shadow of the colossus a day before the reveal of the remake.   Going by how you are thinking it would have only had 1 day of development, LOL.  If it is indeed a remake it had been in development for a long time, and they just decided to patented 3 days ago, NOT 3 months ago.  It is only month / day / year in the US, in the rest of the world is day/month/year.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
What were the games mainly about?

Bio-Terrorism mostly. Great games.

Be nice if it's a remaster/remake by Bluepoint or even a brand new game. However, my gut feeling says PS2-to-PS4 title.