By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Mnementh said:

Last chance for #11.

game #11

Hint 1: Crossover of two well-known game-series that never before shared the same platform.

Hint 2: Draw the map on graph paper in your school notebook.

Hint 3: This turn-based RPG is very stylish and colorful.

Hint 4: Fight (amongst others) against tables, playing cards, books and other stuff.

Hint 5: The game gets characters (although with transformed design) and name from one series, major gameplay elements and platform from the other.

Hint 6: The game is made by the same dev as Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE.

Hint 7: You find shadows in the labyrinth.

Hint 8: Strange things happen in Yasogami High School.

game #8

Hint 1: Transhumanism is a revolution.

Hint 2: You decide if you fight, sneak around guys, find alternative paths, talk you way in and out, hack and so on.

game #7

Hint 1: After a god was killed a few years ago, it happens that childs are born without a soul.

8 is Dues Ex?

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Mnementh said:

Last chance for #11.

game #11

Hint 1: Crossover of two well-known game-series that never before shared the same platform.

Hint 4: Fight (amongst others) against tables, playing cards, books and other stuff.

Hint 5: The game gets characters (although with transformed design) and name from one series, major gameplay elements and platform from the other.

game #8

Hint 1: Transhumanism is a revolution.

Hint 2: You decide if you fight, sneak around guys, find alternative paths, talk you way in and out, hack and so on.

game #7

Hint 1: After a god was killed a few years ago, it happens that childs are born without a soul.

#11 persona Q?

#8 is Undertale?

Finally someone get's it. Yes, Persona Q. I never played Undertale, so I don't know if Undertale even matches my hints.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

8 is Dues Ex?

Which one? I hinted which one.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ARamdomGamer said:
Mnementh said:

LOL, I hadn't seen your post yet, I was writing my Okami-text.

EDIT: And you also compare it with Zelda.

Heh, great timing and well, is not like the game tries to hide its heavy inspiration on the Zelda series, tho to its credit, it pulls off the formula in a unique enough way to stand on its own.

Yeah, the game does great. No surprise it landed on both our lists that high.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

uran10 said:
Mnementh said:

game #11

#11 persona Q?

Yeah, uran10 got it right, it is Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth.

What if Persona and Etrian Odyssey have a child? Well, no need to speak hypothetically, Persona Q exists.

I love Etrian Odyssey games, and Persona Q takes this gameplay, but instead of adventurers from all the magical world enter the labyrinth of Yggdrasil, you play japanese high school students fighting shadows with Personas.

This game has the certified great Atlus level-design with shortcuts and interesting ideas. It has also the patented great turn-based Atlus-style battles. And certainly everything wins points with me, if it has Alice in Wonderland references.

Paired with humour, strange settings and enemies and mysterious things happening it makes a great game.

And yes, drawing maps never felt so right in any Etrian Odyssey as it did in Persona Q, because here it is done on graph paper with a pencil. They just got the look and the sound so right.

Wikipedia, MobyGames, OGDB, IGDB

S.Peelman said:
There are three areas to shape; the smallest of 1x1 kilometer, the middle 2x2 kilometers and the big one of 4x4 kilometers.

SimCity 4?

Around the Network

9.Resident Evil

This is by far my favourite horror setting in a video game. A mansion in the forest that's isolated from the city, full of evil monsters such as zombies, spiders and snakes. I like how this game has many distinct areas and that the plot is pretty ambiguous until the end where it turns into a more action-based laboratory section.

8.Parasite Eve

This was a game that interested me a lot before I even played it, and I was not disappointed. I love the music in this game and the boss fights were very fun. The battle system was something that I liked and I wish they had stuck with it for the sequel. One indicator of how much I like a game is whether I feel like replaying it or not, and this is one of those games that I think I could enjoy on a second playthrough.

Mnementh said: 
The_Liquid_Laser said:

8 is Dues Ex?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

More hints on mine:

#5 This is the second in a series of classic PC strategy games. The strategy series is a spinoff of an even earlier RPG series. 
HInt 2: I picked the second game in the series, but more fans of the series prefer the third game.
Hint 3: This game has 6 different kinds of towns which correspond to the 6 different kinds of heroes.

#4 In North America, this spinoff game was released just a few months after the series' most successful entry.

StarDoor said:
S.Peelman said:
There are three areas to shape; the smallest of 1x1 kilometer, the middle 2x2 kilometers and the big one of 4x4 kilometers.

SimCity 4?

Yes.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said: 

Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

More hints on mine:

#5 This is the second in a series of classic PC strategy games. The strategy series is a spinoff of an even earlier RPG series. 
HInt 2: I picked the second game in the series, but more fans of the series prefer the third game.
Hint 3: This game has 6 different kinds of towns which correspond to the 6 different kinds of heroes.

#4 In North America, this spinoff game was released just a few months after the series' most successful entry.

Yes, Human Revolution is correct.

Your #5 is probably Heroes of Might and Magic 2.