By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Any other Xennial out there?

What are you?

G.I. Generation 0 0%

Silent Generation 0 0%

Baby Boomers 0 0%

Generation X 4 9.52%

Xennial 20 47.62%

Millennial (GenY) 15 35.71%

iGeneration (GenZ) 2 4.76%

Show results 1 2.38%

Total:42

I guess i'm a xennial then.

Around the Network

1982. My parents were still using 8 track players when I was a kid. Then a few years later we upgraded to a record player and I got the ghostbusters soundtrack and played that record all the time in my room. Then the 90’s hit and we got compact discs. We grew up with VCRs and going to blockbuster video on the weekends to rent bags full of games and movies. Then 99-00 hit and internet and dvd came, a few years later blockbuster was gone and Netflix began its slow takeover.

Side note, just got the complete first season of stranger things on blu Ray at target and it comes in an old style VHS as its case! So cool!

I'm a xennial and although i never heard this term before I never felt I was part of gen x or millennial s but something in between so this definition definitely feels right. Born in 81 and already have that "back in my day..." mentality.
I truly believe that that period was one of the greatest to grow up in. It was still common (and safe) to go play out side with a bunch of friends, ride our bikes around town etc but still spent a lot of time playing nes and snes. Also growing up watching movies such as The Goonies, Stand by me, Home Alone, The Sandlot and Back to the future among others was great. Kids movies suck these days imo, but maybe that's just because I'm not a kid anymore. Also old enough to experience the beginning of the internet. Fun times lol

Nymeria said:
I've never heard of this term before or the concept of a micro generation. Admittedly the whole concept of generations make any sense. I'm a millennial, but an older one.

I don't like putting people in boxes, making generalisations or prejudicing.
Still thought it was a funny term trying to define people in between generations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD8tjhVO1Tc

Last edited by TomaTito - on 13 November 2017

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

What?! Since when are Millennials optimists?

Have you seen the internet? It's filled with negativity ever since they arrived. xD

Well i guess i fit in there, but i don't really agree with the generalization of the descriptions.

Around the Network

1994, so I’m millennial it seems

Nem said:

What?! Since when are Millennials optimists?

Have you seen the internet? It's filled with negativity ever since they arrived. xD

Well i guess i fit in there, but i don't really agree with the generalization of the descriptions.

The internet magnifies negativity or sensationalism.  You see a YouTube video, and common to see the most replied comment being the most controversial one.

I'm not sure what the internet was like before millennials because their arrival marked the mass market adopting the world wide web.  Most people of any age range got online in 1997-2003 era, right when millennials would be 14-23 age depending on which criteria you use.

I was born in 1981, so I guess I am a Xennial!!!

cannonballZ said:
I was born in 1981, so I guess I am a Xennial!!!

didnt know this term until now but im also born in 1981 so i guess im one too ;) My childhood was definetely analog lol

I remember a time without Internet, convenient mobile phones, discettes and cassettes. So I do remember the anologue era. But I am born in the early 90'stages so I don't think I classify.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar