By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Japanese Ads

OTBWY said:
vivster said:

See, you need to read my comments better. I've said on multiple occasions that in some games it's less important. This is such a game. Also it's not like I can play it anywhere else yet so I have to forcefully inject myself with cancer sometimes. It's always about pros and cons and the weighting of them.

For example the only con for this game currently is the 30fps. But that doesn't weigh a lot in this type of game and the pros heavily outweigh it. If you look at trash like BOTW for example it might have a ton of pros but the cons outweigh all pros tenfold.

This game will never stop salting people lol XD.

It really is a sore point for many people. It's not that it's  just a bad game. Nobody would care and just move on. The problem comes from the fact that it's a really good game that got mercilessly trashed into oblivion by pointless mechanics.

It's mainly big disappointment rather than simple disgust that triggers people who don't like it.

And if you are a moron like me you will continue being disappointed by Nintendo games because you cannot keep yourself from having high expectations for some reason.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
OTBWY said:

This game will never stop salting people lol XD.

It really is a sore point for many people. It's not that it's  just a bad game. Nobody would care and just move on. The problem comes from the fact that it's a really good game that got mercilessly trashed into oblivion by pointless mechanics.

It's mainly big disappointment rather than simple disgust that triggers people who don't like it.

And if you are a moron like me you will continue being disappointed by Nintendo games because you cannot keep yourself from having high expectations for some reason.

Lmao no.

Everything else is just nonsense. Consensus is a thing, and consensus says it's one of the best games ever made. If you don't like it, whatever, but don't pretend that you have some huge backing of likeminded people. Just stop it.

Those ads are really good, specially the first one!Good to see that the game is getting the marketing it needs.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

OTBWY said:
vivster said:

Lmao no.

Everything else is just nonsense. Consensus is a thing, and consensus says it's one of the best games ever made. If you don't like it, whatever, but don't pretend that you have some huge backing of likeminded people. Just stop it.

I don't need the majority on my side when I know that the majority of people has different taste than me. The vast majority of people also does not have the kind of choice available that I have so I don't give much about their lacking ability to accurately assess games on a broader scale. I mean I need to look no further than this forum where Nintendo fans claim games to look AMAZING when they don't even have anything to properly compare it to. While someone who is used to a much higher graphical fidelity will see them at what they are, a decade behind.

But if you need the backing of other people to validate your own taste, just go ahead.

Last edited by vivster - on 10 November 2017

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
OTBWY said:

Lmao no.

I don't need the majority on my side when I know that the majority of people has different taste than me. The vast majority of people also does not have the kind of choice available that I have so I don't give much about their lacking ability to accurately assess games on a broader scale. I mean I need to look no further than this forum where most Nintendo fans generally claim games to look AMAZING when they don't even have anything to properly compare it to. While someone who is used to a much higher graphical fidelity will see them at what they are, a decade behind.

But if you need the backing of other people to validate your own taste, just go ahead.

I find it funny that you now claim that it's your opinion when saying stuff like "the game is trash" as it's an accepted fact. Most people accept that it is a good game (as most review aggregates and critics say). You don't. Your opinion is probably minor, but your opinion nonetheless. That's why I said it. No need to tell me that I need validation, since I'm merely expanding on factual information, and correcting you. As long as you say that it is your opinion, it's fine. Taking it seriously though, is on me. I don't take your opinion seriously on BotW, because I have seen your posts before, and it's pretty clear that you don't like Nintendo. That's fine too. But expect me to take your opinion with a grain of salt on everything Nintendo.

Also pretty funny that you claim that most Nintendo fans don't play anything else (that's what I conclude from it), ergo, don't know about other open world games. I think it's very stupid to say that, since: A - You don't know all Nintendo fans on here. B - The game was reviewed by many, who also played your non-"decade behind" games, and still gave it a higher score. Oh sorry, "paid reviews" or "Nintendo bonus" or some other unsubstantiated nonsense.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 10 November 2017

Around the Network

looks less appealing than XCX thats for sure, character art style just feels so damn generic, generic korean mmo 43954823 style

Question@all: Are you browsing VGC on a PC?

vivster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I think I admire you, it takes a lot of courage to constantly showcase that level of bad taste in public, you are a true inspiration for many :P

I both pity and envy you. It's a pity that you cannot appreciate truly great games but at the same time I envy you for being able to have fun playing with just any pedestrian trash.

Oh I may admire you but I don't envy you, that's for sure, I like to enjoy life instead of being constantly fustrated about my favourite hobbies and hating things just because many people likes it. You started being quite positive on the game, saying it was pretty nice and fun open world, then time passed and the more people said it was one of the best games ever (because it is) the less and less you seemed to like it, now you went from nice and fun to "pedestrian trash" yeah, its pretty obvious you have been a long time actively trying to hate it, cause the idea that nintendo just made one of the best games ever done and that half of this web completely adores it is something you simply can't stand.

Last edited by Goodnightmoon - on 10 November 2017

Shaunodon said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Dark Souls isn't on Switch yet, that's just a rumor. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Oh ok, phew. Thought you were talking about Odyssey. Was about to school you on what Open-world means!

And you thought I was trying to insult you, when I said that everything you write is practically satire at this point.

I like how the one time a comment I make is genuinely satire you use it as basis to be rude in all threads. Warning, I occasionally engage in satire. Do you want a satire ban so your mind can comprehend what is and isn't satire? Because I can promise you that 95% of my posts aren't satire, including "Sonic Mania is better than Odyssey". 

Nicely done!

OTBWY said:

I find it funny that you now claim that it's your opinion when saying stuff like "the game is trash" as it's an accepted fact. Most people accept that it is a good game (as most review aggregates and critics say). You don't. Your opinion is probably minor, but your opinion nonetheless. That's why I said it. No need to tell me that I need validation, since I'm merely expanding on factual information, and correcting you.

It's not a fact that BOTW is good because a majority of people say so ... stuff like metacritic is just an aggregate of opinions.