By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA acquires Respawn Entertainment for as much as $455million

DonFerrari said:
JEMC said:
I don't understand Vince Zampella. He left EA and the Medal of Honor franchise because they he was fed up with EA, creating Infinity Ward and going with Activision. He then left Activision, Infinity Ward and the Call of Dury franchise to form Respawn partnering again with EA. And now he's going to let EA buy his studio so they can control him? It's like he doesn't learn!

Oh, well, good luck to the Respawn employees, they'll need it.

And made millions in the process.

He was playing hard to get so EA wanted him more and paid accordingly.

Genius.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
DonFerrari said:

And made millions in the process.

He was playing hard to get so EA wanted him more and paid accordingly.

Genius.

Well, doesn't hurt to be richier.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ironmanDX said:
starcraft said:

This is ignoring the fact that EA's appalling scheduling was significant in the poor sales of T2.

I've seen a couple of people saying T2's sales were bad or poor. I just looked it up, it's sold some 2 and a half million according to VGC. 3 million seems a safe bet if we're including digital. Not sure about PC either.

While these figures aren't what a lot of people expected of Titanfall 2, considering it launched right next to the massive Battlefield 1 I fell it's a stretch to call them poor. A disappointment though? Without a doubt.

2.5 million physical and only 500k digital... no. 1 million would be around 30%. That's where I'd put it, could be higher. Games were hitting 40% digital last year, and are now passing 50% in cases.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
ironmanDX said:

I've seen a couple of people saying T2's sales were bad or poor. I just looked it up, it's sold some 2 and a half million according to VGC. 3 million seems a safe bet if we're including digital. Not sure about PC either.

While these figures aren't what a lot of people expected of Titanfall 2, considering it launched right next to the massive Battlefield 1 I fell it's a stretch to call them poor. A disappointment though? Without a doubt.

2.5 million physical and only 500k digital... no. 1 million would be around 30%. That's where I'd put it, could be higher. Games were hitting 40% digital last year, and are now passing 50% in cases.

I would have gone higher too. I was just being conservative for conversations sake.

EA: Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Respawn: Nani!?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

I think it's a tad annoying when people always blame the publisher when a studio gets canned. What r they supposed to do when a studio takes way to long, goes way over a predetermined budget, or when the game has low quality. Studios everywhere get shut down it's part of life. If u arnt doing ur job sufficiently u get canned. Studios close at ea, Microsoft, Sony, activision, etc. hell independent ones shut down all the time too.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

KungKras said:
Well, RIP.

At least Titanfall isn't as big a loss as say C&C or Dungeon Keeper was.

Too soon.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
bananaking21 said:

Maybe he is just cashing out? Sell respawn for a bucket load of cash, then leave and live his life and be retired with hundreds of millions in his pocket

Yep, he will do like the doctors did when EA bought Bioware, they became rich and left after a couple years, now bioware is fucked with no leader and EA is changing the identity of the studio , all the good people are leaving the studio. This will hapen to respawn.

Bioware still churns out some good titles though on occasion. So that's a plus.
For every Ass Effect: Andromeda we get a Dragon Age: Inquisition.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

d21lewis said:

R.i.p., Respawn.

https://youtu.be/gbIJZSzrF1k

You need to post date this to 2022, but yeah RIP Respawn.

Well, fuck me if I know why some gaming company wants to be in EA. That's like a death sentence.

Ea will suck them dry and then take them back behind the barn and put them down.