By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA acquires Respawn Entertainment for as much as $455million

2022: EA shutting down Respawn Entertainment

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
jason1637 said:

Only FPS I can think of rn that EA owns is Battlefield.

And Mass Effect (TPS mostly) :D

But yeah, Battlefield is more than enough.

Plus, they also make Battlefront.

A shame it was Respawn and not a mobile company, but at least it isn't a super diverse developer that needs freedom of development.

Oh look....a whole thread of everyone making the same joke

Angelus said:

Joke? There is a reason EA was constantly voted as worst company by fans for many years.

Around the Network

Let's see what happens in a few years.

Proud to be a Californian.

Can't EA just keep their hands off...

Farsala said:
Angelus said:

Joke? There is a reason EA was constantly voted as worst company by fans for many years.

Right. So weird that EA keeps making all this money and being successful when all their studios are dead.

Look I'm far from fond of EA, but just because they've closed a lot of studios doesn't mean every single studio they acquire is doomed. Given that Respawn consists of a bunch of ex CoD devs who excel at games heavily built on multiplayer, they're really not likely to be in danger of getting sent to the grim reaper any time soon. To EA, this is like having a second DICE.

JEMC said:
I don't understand Vince Zampella. He left EA and the Medal of Honor franchise because they he was fed up with EA, creating Infinity Ward and going with Activision. He then left Activision, Infinity Ward and the Call of Dury franchise to form Respawn partnering again with EA. And now he's going to let EA buy his studio so they can control him? It's like he doesn't learn!

Oh, well, good luck to the Respawn employees, they'll need it.

They probably won him over by singing a catchy musical number. This one, maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSnBteRJ3I

In order to be "bought" you have to "sell"... so we can all blame Respawn for whoring out.