By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

quickrick said:

switch did below 290k for october, not impressive results at all. OP should be updated.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1079565/

PS4 Oct 2014-297k

PS4 Oct 2015-275k

PS4 Oct 2016-235k

Yep, its so unimpressive........

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

switch did below 290k for october, not impressive results at all. OP should be updated.

72.5k a week? Pretty damn good better than sept as a 5w vs a 4w. And SMO released in the last 2 days... Itll carry over in Nov

yea but mario sold a million in 3 days, next month mario wont sell anywhere near as much.

quickrick said:
tbone51 said:

72.5k a week? Pretty damn good better than sept as a 5w vs a 4w. And SMO released in the last 2 days... Itll carry over in Nov

yea but mario sold a million in 3 days, next month mario wont sell anywhere near as much.

You be surprised, and not to mention you act like thats a bad thing

Nautilus said:
quickrick said:

Who is that guy

Anyways, this should be updated to the OP and listed as rumor.

He's probably the only member of GAF/ERA other than Mat Piscatella that still has access to NPD data. CosmicQueso used to, but didn't have access starting last year.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

PS4 Oct 2014-297k

PS4 Oct 2015-275k

PS4 Oct 2016-235k

October is always a fight between xbone and ps4, but switch is a new console, that just recently has good stock, launching with a gigantic title, so in context it's not impressive, and you look at predictions threads, nobody expected sales this low. ps4 would some times sell 450-500k in a month where it saw a huge title released. september 2014 for example ps4 sold 538k units with  destiny's release. 

XBO - 329k oct 2016

XBO: 303k oct 2015

Around the Network
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

PS4 Oct 2014-297k

PS4 Oct 2015-275k

PS4 Oct 2016-235k

October is always a fight between xbone and ps4, but switch is a new console, that just recently has good stock, launching with a gigantic title, so in context it's not impressive, and you look at predictions threads, nobody expected sales this low.

XBO - 329k oct 2016

Ya i got it, doing comparable numbers as PS4/XBO in Oct is bad.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

October is always a fight between xbone and ps4, but switch is a new console, that just recently has good stock, launching with a gigantic title, so in context it's not impressive, and you look at predictions threads, nobody expected sales this low.

XBO - 329k oct 2016

err i never said it's bad, i said its not impressive, which are totally different.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

XBO - 329k oct 2016

And its switches first year too! Its only down hill from here lmao.

Only thing he is right about is alot of us predicted higher. I kno he didnt though lol

Any chance of Florida's situation affecting sales result?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

err i never said it's bad, i said its not impressive, which are totally different.

Either way you're being overly negative for no reason, not only are you calling a win thats comparable to PS4/XBO best Oct unimpressive, you're also making things up. The post you linked says just a little under 300k yet you posted it did under 290k.