By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Origins launch sales double Syndicate Series "officially back", Ubisoft says.

35 per cent of copies sold were digital downloads, Ubisoft confirmed last night. That's compared to just 15 per cent of Syndicate's sales being digital.

Assassin's Creed is "officially back", Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot commented.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-08-assassins-creed-origins-launch-sales-double-syndicate

Around the Network

All the games that seemed to be underperforming the last few months are actually doing quite well. Tracking game sales is useless without digital.

I imagine many of those fatigued by the series jumped back on board with Origins.

Ubisoft reads this optimistically as "back" for annualisation, but they need to give the series some breathing room.

I might actually pick this up as my first Assassin's Creed. Kind of regret not getting Black Flag when I got my PS4.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I might actually pick this up as my first Assassin's Creed. Kind of regret not getting Black Flag when I got my PS4.

If you can overlook the technical flaws of AC Unity i think you should pick it up. Imo its the best AC game.

Around the Network

Did you play any Far Cry? It's like that, just with less stealth.

I'm happy that it sold well because it's a good game but it's not an Assassin's Creed game anymore. The gameplay additions are great but why did they basically completely eliminate stealth? That's the whole point of the series and they just transformed it into a regular action RPG.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

jason1637 said:

If you can overlook the technical flaws of AC Unity i think you should pick it up. Imo its the best AC game.

If you ask me, it's the most frustrating AC game because of gameplay reasons. I'm currently playing Syndicate, and it has perhaps had the smallest amount of frustrating moments in the series so far.

mysteryman said:
I imagine many of those fatigued by the series jumped back on board with Origins.

Ubisoft reads this optimistically as "back" for annualisation, but they need to give the series some breathing room.

I don't think they will annualise it. They have many games and big IP's now to sustain them. The Division, For Honor, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six, South Park and Farcry to name a few. They also have some big games on the way with skull and bones and beyond good and evil 2. Ubi did say before that when AC does come back it won't necessarily mean it will be annualised from then on out. 

And I am one of those who were fatigued by the constant releases, but my issue was more with the quality of the games, in origin it seems like a much better and much more interesting game (France and Britain are so boring ) so i plan to jump back in on the franchise with AC:O, since it seems like a good game to be honest, I'll be waiting till the price drops though

Bristow9091 said:

... You've never played an Assassin's Creed? For some reason this news surprises me o.O

Yeah, surprisingly i've missed out on a lot of big triple A franchises. That list is getting shorter by the day, but still, Assassin's Creed is on it.

vivster said:

Did you play any Far Cry? It's like that, just with less stealth.

I'm happy that it sold well because it's a good game but it's not an Assassin's Creed game anymore. The gameplay additions are great but why did they basically completely eliminate stealth? That's the whole point of the series and they just transformed it into a regular action RPG.

Yeah I played 3 and really loved it, didn't play the other Far Cry's though.

Hmmm ... well I guess I'll get it sometime anyways because as long as it's good then that's fine by me

Try AC2. It's one of my favorite games of all time, which is quite impressive considering the dislike I have for the series now.