By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Origins launch sales double Syndicate Series "officially back", Ubisoft says.

Well, this is well-deserved. They tried to shake up the stale AC formula, and they succeeded. The game feels like a much needed breath of fresh air for the series, and the new combat and rpg mechanics, along with the leveling system, are all changes for the better. I would say Origins is the real rival to Horizon instead of Zelda

edit: already my second favourite AC game, only behind Black Flag

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Bristow9091 said:

... You've never played an Assassin's Creed? For some reason this news surprises me o.O

Yeah, surprisingly i've missed out on a lot of big triple A franchises. That list is getting shorter by the day, but still, Assassin's Creed is on it.

vivster said:

Did you play any Far Cry? It's like that, just with less stealth.

I'm happy that it sold well because it's a good game but it's not an Assassin's Creed game anymore. The gameplay additions are great but why did they basically completely eliminate stealth? That's the whole point of the series and they just transformed it into a regular action RPG.

Yeah I played 3 and really loved it, didn't play the other Far Cry's though.

Hmmm ... well I guess I'll get it sometime anyways because as long as it's good then that's fine by me

Every Far Cry after 3 was the exact same anyway. So you're probably gonna have fun with ACO.

If you do enjoy climbing and stealth then you should try AC Brotherhood. ACO is a good entry to the franchise  because it eases you in by making stealth optional.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

...Yeah we can't trust the software numbers. Digital is such a big slice of the pie now.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I really like the AC(except black flag and ac 3) games but I will do as I always did wait until they are bargain bin.

Are we sure people aren't just moving to digital? ;)

Great news. An year break definitely did them good.

Around the Network
Baddman said:
I really like the AC(except black flag and ac 3) games but I will do as I always did wait until they are bargain bin.

Origins will be $35 on black friday.