Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro Games You Want Remade/Remastered?

I would love to be surprised with a Eternal Darkness remake, that would be excellent for the switch.



 

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
I would love to be surprised with a Eternal Darkness remake, that would be excellent for the switch.

I know, but how can they do so without Silicon Knights?



malistix1985 said:
I Prefer new games but I would not say no to a Vagrant Story remake

I am surprised more people didn't mention this. Guess a lot here didn't play it.

This is a game that needs a remake. A proper, dark, gritty remake. Has so so so much potential. One of the best games I have played in my life.



Intrinsic said:
malistix1985 said:
I Prefer new games but I would not say no to a Vagrant Story remake

I am surprised more people didn't mention this. Guess a lot here didn't play it.

This is a game that needs a remake. A proper, dark, gritty remake. Has so so so much potential. One of the best games I have played in my life.

 

HD butt pants, though.

Viewtiful Joe
No more heroes
Little Kings Story

Just to name a few.



tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Metal Gear Online 2

the better MGO game in my opinion.



Chrono Trigger using Dragon Quest XI engine.



GoOnKid said:

Plok and Jet Force Gemini.

You're a true scholar.

Personally, I'd like to see more 8-64 bit remasters instead of remasters of games that are less than 10 years old.  There's so much room for improvement on games like Star Fox or Body Harvest or TLOZ: Link's Awakening.

For my 2 cents, I also prefer if the games maintain the original gameplay and contnet.  Okay, I don't need to step through an obtuse menu system just to open a door (Dragon Quest I-IV), but I don't want the battle system to suddenly be real-time, either.  True classics are classics for a reason.



Nymeria said:
Chrono Trigger using Dragon Quest XI engine.

Oh my god that'd be incredible to play and look at!! :D

And since Crash Bandicoot got his own remastered trilogy, why not Spyro?



CaptainExplosion said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
I would love to be surprised with a Eternal Darkness remake, that would be excellent for the switch.

I know, but how can they do so without Silicon Knights?

well the assets are there, give it a new engine and polish. Using the term remake is wrong, I would say remaster is more what I meant.