By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONIC FORCES THREAD - PS4/SWITCH/XBOX1 (in progress) - There is a survey available to buyers. Should appear if you open browser

nemo37 said:
Xxain said:

General Concensus is that's it is Generation's 1.5... which sucks still because of been there done that. Guy on  Sonic Stadium already plated the game (got it 2 weeks early)  

I would call it Generations 0.5. The controls for Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic seem worse than Generations. Modern Sonic's stages have been oversimplified. For example, there are fewer alternate paths that the player can explore to find the quickest one, so it does not have the same replay value that Generations, Unleashed's day stages, and to a lesser degree Colors had with regards to replayability for speed runnning. There is very little with regards to enemy variety. The trick system to build up boost is gone. Drifting is gone, which further contributes to the overly linear 3D level design. Very few bosses and the Infinite bosses get very repetative. It is not terrible (like Rise of Lyric or Sonic 06), and I am having fun with it but not as much as I did with Generations, Unleashed mod for Generations (plus Unleashed's original day bosses), or Colors. 

I feel Unleashed and Generations suffered because Sonic Team insisted to putting to different gameplay styles into a single project. As such for Unleashed, the warehog stages overall felt really unbalanced and broken and the day stages had control issues (largely fixed by the fan Unleashed mod). Generations felt short with regards to lack of more classic Sonic and modern Sonic stages. Forces which incorporates three different gameplay styles feels and plays notably worse. The sad thing is that I like all three of the gameplay styles in Forces, they just all seem to be unrefined because Sonic Team tried to simultaniosly throw them all into a single game. Three dfferent games, each getting Sonic Team's full attention, would have had a much better chance of being of higher quality than the single game we ended up getting here.

Dont doubt it. Recurring Sonic Team problem.

Around the Network

Got it digital. Hit the gym up and will go fast in about an hour.

So it's out today and like no reviews yet?

Strict embargo or what?

Xxain said:
Johnw1104 said:
The "make your own Sonic Hero" thing will probably salvage this game for a lot of players from what would otherwise have been one long "meeeeeh".

Its the number 1 selling point. Over 500 items. 

The fanbase loves their custom Sonics: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=177683

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

shikamaru317 said:
So, the user reviews are much better than the critic reviews so far.

Never trust Sonic Fans. Actually never trust User Reviews on metacritic period.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
shikamaru317 said:
So, the user reviews are much better than the critic reviews so far.

Never trust Sonic Fans. Actually never trust User Reviews on metacritic period.

Especially on day 1. I mean how much time have they put into the game before they popped up a review.

I'm just gonna watch a playthrough on youtube. I'm not interested in boost Sonic anymore.

That poll sounds interesting though. What is it asking?

I will be getting Sonic Forces and will also be getting Super Lucky's Tale.

I know I will have fun with these games so don't really care about the reviews.

If I play another Sonic game where he gets his ass beat/killed in first cutscence I'm going to start taking that as a hint from Sonic Team. Theme to second stage is awesome.

when playing as the CAC one thing that throws me off is how often he the game takes control of web slinging. I die thinking that maybe the computer will take over, but nope! I was suppose too.

what animal did everybody choose?