By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONIC FORCES THREAD - PS4/SWITCH/XBOX1 (in progress) - There is a survey available to buyers. Should appear if you open browser

Today is the that Sonic Forces is out so lets play/discuss/share avatars and other things

still deideding if I should just get it digitally or wait to GS opens up.

Anybody have it yet?

REVIEW ROUNDUP: comming soon

PLAYER REVIEWS: Comming soon

BEST TIMES: comming soon

SPEEDRUNNERS: comming soon

Last edited by Xxain - on 07 November 2017

Around the Network

I'm just waiting for the reviews to drop. Was hoping this would be a solid experience like generations considering similarities, but everything I've seen seems to suggest the opposite.

They should be up in the next few hours? :|

The "make your own Sonic Hero" thing will probably salvage this game for a lot of players from what would otherwise have been one long "meeeeeh".

Barkley said:

I'm just waiting for the reviews to drop. Was hoping this would be a solid experience like generations considering similarities, but everything I've seen seems to suggest the opposite.

General Concensus is that's it is Generation's 1.5... which sucks still because of been there done that. Guy on  Sonic Stadium already plated the game (got it 2 weeks early)  

Johnw1104 said:
The "make your own Sonic Hero" thing will probably salvage this game for a lot of players from what would otherwise have been one long "meeeeeh".

Its the number 1 selling point. Over 500 items. 

Around the Network

I have it.It's not good.but it's not this antichrist that people are saying it is.It's a 6,5 on my non existing score.Levels are to simplistic and uninspired,which makes the game forgetablle. The music and visuals are good tho.

Can't wait to see all the new fursonas.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's not a 5/10 game or a GOTY contender, but it certainly doesn't deserve the panning it's gotten. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

RJTM1991 said:

It's not a 5/10 game.

It's not a GOTY contender either, but it certainly doesn't deserve the panning it's gotten.

Im expecting to feel the same way but I will face if it turns out to be true. Especially on wake of Mania, Media bias is going to be on a whole different level.

Xxain said:
Barkley said:

General Concensus is that's it is Generation's 1.5... which sucks still because of been there done that. Guy on  Sonic Stadium already plated the game (got it 2 weeks early)  

I would call it Generations 0.5. The controls for Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic seem worse than Generations. Modern Sonic's stages have been oversimplified. For example, there are fewer alternate paths that the player can explore to find the quickest one, so it does not have the same replay value that Generations, Unleashed's day stages, and to a lesser degree Colors had with regards to replayability for speed runnning. There is very little with regards to enemy variety. The trick system to build up boost is gone. Drifting is gone, which further contributes to the overly linear 3D level design. Very few bosses and the Infinite bosses get very repetative. It is not terrible (like Rise of Lyric or Sonic 06), and I am having fun with it but not as much as I did with Generations, Unleashed mod for Generations (plus Unleashed's original day bosses), or Colors. 

I feel Unleashed and Generations suffered because Sonic Team insisted on putting two different gameplay styles into a single project. As such for Unleashed, the warehog stages overall felt really unbalanced and broken and the day stages had control issues (largely fixed by the fan Unleashed mod). Generations felt short with regards to lack of more classic Sonic and modern Sonic stages. Forces which incorporates three different gameplay styles feels and plays notably worse. The sad thing is that I like all three of the gameplay styles in Forces, they just all seem to be unrefined because Sonic Team tried to simultaniosly throw them all into a single game. Three dfferent games, each getting Sonic Team's full attention, would have had a much better chance of being of higher quality than the single game we ended up getting here.

Last edited by nemo37 - on 07 November 2017