By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE X Owner's Club

malistix1985 said:
nanarchy said:
did not expect it to be quite so hard to get one, I am on backorder now with delivery in December :(

Yep the demand is even big in some of the countries in Europe who usually don't even like Xbox, the demand is deffenitely greater then expected. Lets hope you get it a bit earlier, Microsoft did say many times they will do heavy-duty resupplying 

Retailers even in the UK were reporting they were getting much less stock than at the X1 launch though.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 07 November 2017

Around the Network

Xbox one x is so awesome. This is like having a gtx 1080 , but times 10 at least.

User moderated -RavenXtra

Last edited by Raven - on 07 November 2017

UPS delivery is stated for today :)
Waiting home... Playing some Heroes of the Storm games in the mean time!

Errorist76 said:

PS4 has had external HDD support for quite some time now.

Didn’t MS just state the X1X will support 1440p displays?!

Edit: Seems to be coming at a later date.

Xbox One's drive support seems to be more intuitive and Sony should take note. - It's treated as part of the system, It's essentially transparent once you have it set-up. Heck... Even once you fill the drive up it seamlessly starts using the next without any intervention.

The Playstation 4 you can have two external hard drives, but you can only use one for games, apps and add-ons.
You are also limited to 8 Terabytes.
Also... And I quote directly from Sony: "You cannot save application saved data, themes or screenshot/video clips to extended storage."

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/storage---data/ps4--external-hdd-support/

So whilst you are correct the Playstation 4 has had drive support for awhile, it's still not up to par with the Xbox One.
Nintendo should also take some serious note, especially with the Switch.

Vasto said:

Yea, it shouuld support 1440p Displays.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/the-xbox-one-x-will-output-at-1440p-on-supported-displays

No it shouldn't. Because the update for that hasn't been rolled out yet.

Not only does it not work on my Xbox One X and 1440P panels (If my word isn't sufficient evidence). But Microsoft itself said so.

flashfire926 said:

UI was initially supposed to be at 4K, but they decided to make it 1080p to free up a bit more ram (8gb --> 9gb) for the developers to use, which is a great move imo.

Well. It's a good thing the UI is using such sharp clean, bold lines and colours as they upscale to higher resolutions better. - Text and images still look soft though.

Vasto said:
Will be getting mine early next year. I want to hear some thoughts on games.

Halo 5 looking amazing

View on YouTube

Just gave Halo 5 a quick run through to see how things stack up.

The graphics issues like short shadow and object pop-in still persists in the campaign.
Things do look cleaner and sharper as it's being rendered at a much higher resolution though.

Halo 3 looks sharper and cleaner. (Although could still be better if I could *actually* display the game at 1440P).
But it's still clearly a 7th gen title. The controls feel much improved as it's a locked 30fps now.

In my opinion Halo 3 in the MCC is still the better release as it's sporting a full 60fps, if it gets Xbox One X Enhanced @ full 4k +60fps then it might end up being the definitive version outside of a remake/remaster in the future.

One word of warning though... Games are increasing in size, Halo 5 is almost 110GB.
The internal storage is 780GB free out of 1 Terabyte once you first plug the Xbox One X in, so it's not going to last the distance.

Snoopy said:
Xbox one x is so awesome. This is like having a gtx 1080 , but times 10 at least.

Wut?
Are you trolling by any chance?

Last edited by Pemalite - on 10 November 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said: 
Snoopy said:

Wut?
Are you trolling by any chance?

I believe he is talking about the hype and level of joice and hapyness that this new baby brings to him... Not the raw power...

And I agree with him :)

Around the Network

"Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition 1TB Console"
Estimated arrival date: November 13, 2017 - November 17, 2017
My email from amazon, I ordered mine within seconds of it going live in August.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

My Scorpio edition has just been shipped, deliver tomorrow. Can't wait!

Pemalite said:

Azzanation said:

X1X Console has sold out in Australia and its 2nd Batch has also sold out. I told you the $650 price tag is an amazing price especially in Aus.

I have to wait for the 3rd batch of X1Xs to be delivered to get my hands on one. Ill have to use my PC for the time being.

If any one knows a place with stock please let me know so i can pick one up.

$650 AUD is $498 USD right now. So we aren't being ripped off for once.

I sold my original launch Xbox One console with Kinect for only $100 AUD which went towards this... And did I mention how much I miss kinect? I am probably like one of 5 people on Earth that does. Haha

Its a great priced console, something i hope to see more often in the coming gens. 

I enjoyed Kinect for its features, didnt use it for gaming as much however using it as a Skpye/chat device without the need of a Head set was pretty neat. Shame it couldnt catch on.

My initial thoughts on the X1X.
Damn console is heavy, but for an OG X1 owner the size of the console along side my PS4 Pro and OG Xbox, I have to say it gives the impression of a very well built system.

Install was about as basic as it comes if you are moving from an X1 to the X. I saved everything on my external drive including my profile, plugged the drive in the X and was up and running less than a few minutes.

I wanted to play something quick so I download the Killer Instinct 4K patch and then compared it to the OG X1 version as I switched between the 2. Not sure if its night and day but its close. Definitely the 4K textures really pop on my set and I was pleased with the control speed and load times which I could definitely feel.

The console is definitely whisper quiet

I tried a few 360 titles just to see how they scale and I noticed the loading times on a few right away. I will definitely get a better chance to really put the console to the test when I get home from work today.

Azzanation said:
Pemalite said:

$650 AUD is $498 USD right now. So we aren't being ripped off for once.

I sold my original launch Xbox One console with Kinect for only $100 AUD which went towards this... And did I mention how much I miss kinect? I am probably like one of 5 people on Earth that does. Haha

Its a great priced console, something i hope to see more often in the coming gens. 

I enjoyed Kinect for its features, didnt use it for gaming as much however using it as a Skpye/chat device without the need of a Head set was pretty neat. Shame it couldnt catch on.

I bought Kinect for 30 bucks a while ago and I used it for the same purpose as yourself.  Skype worked great and also used it when playing MP as it also worked great as long as my wife and kids were in bed.  It is too bad that the tech was just not ready for prime time.