By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE X Owner's Club

Can't get mine until Best Buy opens up at 10.
You guys are so lucky, I also went and bought a 6tb external hard drive on Amazon as well.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Pemalite: Serves you right for skipping the more attractive Scorpio Edition!

I was literally an hour late. AN HOUR LATE.
So I had to get into the second wave of pre-orders. Haha

#FirstWorldProblems

Played some Overwatch. It's now locked at 1080P, it still looks soft on my 1440P display though, but way way way better than what it used to be when things got hectic.

Downloading updates for Halo Wars 2, Halo 5, Diablo 3 and a few 360 titles. I'll give them a spin later.

CGI-Quality said:

Well, regarding just jumping into a game, I like the PS4's way of doing it, like the 360 before that. Just put the disc in and go! Other than that, so far, the system is lovely!

Didn't a few Xbox 360 games have mandated installs though? Can't remember. Feels like a generation ago. :P

Main reason for the Xbox 360's precedent is that... There were variations of the console with no internal storage.
Some consoles came with 256MB, some with 4GB. - So developers needed to keep those console in mind.

But it was better overall IMHO.

The Playstation 3's install procedures was tiresome, seems Sony learned from that with the Playstation 4.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 07 November 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Some annoyances I have had:
* No 1440P support.
* Console isn't telling me what updates are available for games unless I attempt to launch the game.
* Still hate the UI. It's just not convenient to use with the UI scrolling left, right, up and down, hidden menu's, sub-menu's and so on.
* No Kinect Port. (Yeah yeah, I know. I enjoy using the voice commands to launch apps though.)

Otherwise... It's still very much an Xbox One, with all the good and the bad baggage that goes with it.
The External Hard Drive support is still amazing, Sony and Nintendo needs to catch on... Just plugged my drive in and... Up comes 250+ games already installed.

Also... Not sure I like the texturing on the new Xbox One controllers... Or if I am just used to the launch Xbox One controllers more uniform feel, see how I go over the next few days I guess.

That shouldn't happen. At least I think the default setting should be that they are automatically updated.
You might wanna go through the settings, there is an option to automatically keep the games updated and it works quite well. Maybe it's just disabled?

Ordered mine from GameStop. Scorpio Edition, of course. According to my email, it won't be here until the 8th. Unfortunately, I go back to work after a week off tomorrow night. Unless it arrives tomorrow morning, I won't be playing it until Thursday morning. 😢

CGI-Quality said:
The only thing wrong is it's still an Xbox One in regards to game installs. They really need to catch up. Just put Rise of the Tomb Raider in for both it and the Pro and the latter was done within 5 minutes (updates and all).

I'm like you. Got RottR on both PS4 and Xbox One! I'd do the experiment myself but I'm ready to play!

Luckily, I already updated all of my Enhanced games on my Xbox One S. When my X arrives, all I should have to do is update the console and plug in my HDD.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

That shouldn't happen. At least I think the default setting should be that they are automatically updated.
You might wanna go through the settings, there is an option to automatically keep the games updated and it works quite well. Maybe it's just disabled?

I don't want it to automatically keep my games updated.
I wish to choose when to download and install updates... So I can do such tasks when the internet isn't being taxxed. - I do have another few dozen devices that also use the internet in my home... All demanding bandwidth. 100Mbps of bandwidth only goes so far. :P

The problem is... The Xbox One X isn't telling me what updates are available for games in the Pending updates section on: My Games and Apps > Updates.

Also. I just noticed there is a "Resume All, Cancel All and Pause All" buttons in the downloads section.
I have only complained about the lack of such a feature since the Xbox One Launched in 2013, nice to finally have it! Haha

d21lewis said:

I'm like you. Got RottR on both PS4 and Xbox One! I'd do the experiment myself but I'm ready to play!

Luckily, I already updated all of my Enhanced games on my Xbox One S. When my X arrives, all I should have to do is update the console and plug in my HDD.

That is exactly all you have to do.
Just set-up > Console update > Play.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

So it's out? I missed the hype on this one.

kowenicki said:
Patiently awaiting the UPS man....

Yep, for me also waiting for the PostNL man..... 

Twitter @CyberMalistix

did not expect it to be quite so hard to get one, I am on backorder now with delivery in December :(

cmay227 said:

Xbox one x has 1440p support. 

That's actually pretty awesome for a console.

Now if they were to add ultrawide support (not going to the happpen) that would be even better

Last edited by hinch - on 07 November 2017