By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360's Oblivion looks like a remaster on the One X

holy sh***

Isn't that a gigantic leap :D?

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

That looks really good for such an old game

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/sidious_164]

[/url]

HOLY MOLY! never got to play Oblivion, Skyrim or The Witcher 3.
xbox One X might push me towards WRPGs.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

It looks great, good job MS.

Uh, so it looks like a resolution and texture upgrade? And that's gigantic? Like a remaster? Are you people really easily impressed or what's going on? That's certainly not an upgrade that would improve my experience in any noticeable way. I mean, I can see the difference and it's great there's an upgrade like this, but to me, this seems like a very minor thing.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Wow, that is truly impressive for a game from 2006, considering all it is getting is a resolution boost to 4K and 16x anisotropic filtering.

At first I wasn't impressed at all until I realized this wasn't new 4K textures but just the same old ones using better filtering. This won't make me play Oblivion again as I completed everything possible in that game, but I will be more likely to get rid of my 360 and play through my backlog using the 1X.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

It looks cleaner no doubt. Remaster? Hell no.
It's not what I would be buying the Xbox One X for that's for sure, especially with how the PC version can look almost a generation ahead.

This is Oblivion Reloaded.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

All the 7th gen the higher resolution of multiplatform games on PC "didn't matter"... now it is a revelation. ;)

Conina said:
All the 7th gen the higher resolution of multiplatform games on PC "didn't matter"... now it is a revelation. ;)

I know right? It's like console gamers have finally woken up after ignoring the benefits that higher resolutions and framerates PC offered last gen.

And this is Skyblivion, Oblivion in the Skyrim engine.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 06 November 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Its just higher resolutions, looks good tho.