By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360's Oblivion looks like a remaster on the One X

SvennoJ said:
Arminillo said:
All these people bragging about their $2000 pcs and im here like "this is actually affordable (kinda)"

You don't need a $2000 PC to run Oblivion :)
Amazing how game requirements have changed in a decade.

• Processor: 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent.
  • Memory: 512 MB.
  • Graphics: 128 MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver.
  • DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c.
  • Hard Drive: 4.6 GB.

Everyone is responding to JUST running oblivion, but if its not in 4k its not what im talking about. In the case of running Oblivion in the way its being shown on the Xbox One X is it cheaper to buy the Xbox or a PC, thats what im getting at. (and i actually dont know the answer)

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

Looks great! Would love to see Morrowind though, come on Microsoft =3=

Arminillo said:
SvennoJ said:

You don't need a $2000 PC to run Oblivion :)
Amazing how game requirements have changed in a decade.

• Processor: 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent.
  • Memory: 512 MB.
  • Graphics: 128 MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver.
  • DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c.
  • Hard Drive: 4.6 GB.

Everyone is responding to JUST running oblivion, but if its not in 4k its not what im talking about. In the case of running Oblivion in the way its being shown on the Xbox One X is it cheaper to buy the Xbox or a PC, thats what im getting at. (and i actually dont know the answer)

It would certainly be easier to get it on XBox One X. A store bought $500 PC should be able to run vanilla Oblivion in 4K, but you probably need mods to even unlock that resolution. Plus the X is definitely a lot better than a store bought $500 PC. Perhaps you can equal it by building a PC yourself with discounted parts, however you can pick up the X right now. On the oher hand, on PC you get access to 10 years of mods for Oblivion.

Instant gratification: Get the X

I've always been a fan of consoles that boost old games. It was cool when PS2 did it in 2000, awesome when Xbox 360 did it with certain games, awesome when PS3 did it, and I imagine I'll be wowed when I see the Xbox One X doing it.

Always cool when old games get new life.