By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do you support the death penalty?

What about you?

Yes 119 36.73%

No 128 39.51%

I have to explain (please make a post) 11 3.40%

No, and I also oppose corporal punishment 38 11.73%

See results 28 8.64%

Total:324

I see little to no benefit in the death penalty, and I think the risk of killing an innocent person far outweighs any of those potential gains.

In general, I think it is the completely wrong direction for our prison systems. Prisons should move towards a rehabilitation based system and away from the punishment based system.

Around the Network

I think it should be an option, though going case by case id probably say "dont do it" for the majority. But there are people, such as Saddam Hussein, who I cant say im regretful of their punishment.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Ka-pi96 said:

If money's an issue we could always go the Roman route and have those sentenced to death fight live on tv. That way they'll all eventually die, and you could be earning millions in TV revenue at the same time

But the cost is in the judicial process. A lethal injection or whatever is pretty cheap. Though that might not be a bad idea, if there are many people willing to watch that. I know I would.

sundin13 said:

I see little to no benefit in the death penalty, and I think the risk of killing an innocent person far outweighs any of those potential gains.

In general, I think it is the completely wrong direction for our prison systems. Prisons should move towards a rehabilitation based system and away from the punishment based system.

What do you mean by rehabilitation system? Like if someone raped and murdered a child then 25 years got out cause he reformed, or practical slave labor in the prison to create things for the outside world (which many prisions already do)?

Gourmet said:
No. It's a huge waste of money. We could have the convict work forcibly and make money instead, which is also a bigger punish.

So you are saying we establish legal slavery as a punishment what a neat idea.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

I realise that, but if you're monetising the execution itself then that could well pay back the extra judicial costs (and then some!).

You're not wrong, but it wouldn't be easy to make money that way. Maybe something like Death Race would work.

Arminillo said:

Not at all. This is something China does all the time while it adopted the UDHR which forbids slavery.

Hard to say yes considering there are so many false imprisonments.

Yes, if you live by the sword you die by it. If you have the audacity to take someone's life, you should know the consequences of it. What right does anybody have to take someone's life if they aren't in danger themselves? If it was merely a slap on the wrist for killing someone what kind of world would we live in? An eye for an eye, that's how I feel about it.

I even know it sounds petty, but it's also justice. This is why we have certain rules. Don't break them and you'll be golden, fuck.

I dont think for regular cases.

But for people like Osama Bin Landen and such, off with their heads

Gourmet said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I realise that, but if you're monetising the execution itself then that could well pay back the extra judicial costs (and then some!).

You're not wrong, but it wouldn't be easy to make money that way. Maybe something like Death Race would work.

Arminillo said:

Not at all. This is something China does all the time while it adopted the UDHR which forbids slavery.

How is it not, just cause China does something doesnt make it good? They also only let people have one child (usually male) and give factory workers pennies.

"We could have the convict work forcibly and make money" - that is literally slavery