By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOXONE X preorders at EB Games Australia estimated at 20,000

Snoopy said:
exclusive_console said:

People bought PS4 because it was faster as well as cheaper. Kinect and some other disaster from Microsoft like no used games turned people off. So it was a no brainer. Only people I see getting X are people who upgrade their xbox and those who simply have to buy whatever is new. Look at the switch sales. It is quite underpowered console but since it is next gen Nintendo console of 300$ with exclusive games it is selling. I think it sales will continue to be strong this holidays as well

Nintendo and Microsoft/Sony are for two different fanbases. Price was an issue for xbox one at launch, but resolution also helped determine which console the hardcore (who have money to buy either) will purchase. Hardcore console gamers although not as big as casual console gamers buy a lot more software/subscriptions for their console.

Yes hardcore already xbox owners would do that.

I cannot see first time owners or Nintendo/Sony owners doing this though. Anyways I hope we get numbers but I do not think Microsoft will reveal it sadly.

Around the Network

Considering how expensive gaming is in Australia I'm not surprised by those numbers at all.

Conina said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Not sure what to make of that information...

But I'd imagine it could sell a couple million this holiday.

It took around half a year for the PS4 Pro to reach about 2 million units (20% of the sold PS4 consoles since the Pro launch)... I doubt that the Xbox One X will do better with a higher price tag.

Well the X1X has more hype so who knows. In my opinion the Pro is a half baked idea and it isnt well marketed.

Also the original PS4 is very well designed. So that makes it still desireable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

UPDATE: The store I visited on Thursday was one of the bigger ones (within a large/mega shopping centre) in Metro Sydney, and I forgot to mention that they had 100 preorders. Today, during my lunch break I was able to visit one of the smaller stores within a very small shopping centre in the suburb of St Mary's. They told me that they had 35 preorders. Wikipedia indicates that there are 450 EB Games stores across Australia and for the 20,000 figure to be correct that would mean that each sore would need an average of aprox 45 preorders per store. Perhaps the 20,000 claim by the employee is legit..Wait and see I guess.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

celador said:
malistix1985 said:

Looking at the demand right now I would not be suprised if the Xbox One X outsells the PS4 Pro.

Obviously the PS4 pro is only 1/5th of the sales of the PS4 brand I think and the Xbox One S will never outsell the PS4 but just looking at reviews, interest and also on who I know that are picking it up the Xbox one X is concidered the "better" 4k console and people with 4k television who already own a PS4 are quite interested.

Anyway, only time will tell but I do think the Xbox One X has a chance to suprise and reach that 2 milion mark after 3-4 months on the market

The numbers you are expecting are absolutely ridiculous. You seem to be making the mistake of looking at two or three countries where preorders are strong and forgetting that these are the only major markets where X1 is remotely relevant (and Australia isn't major). It will not outsell the Pro because the Pro is a PS console and as we have seen, PS and Xbox are working at completely different levels. 

And 2 million in three or four months? How many Xbox One consoles are you expecting to be sold overall in this time period? 10 million? That estimate is increbily out of line with reality.

"Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter recently told us that he's upping his Xbox One X sales forecast from 1 million to 1.5 million for 2017, and now IHSMarkit has raised its numbers as well."

You must be right because Pachter never is xD

Twitter @CyberMalistix