By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOXONE X preorders at EB Games Australia estimated at 20,000

VGPolyglot said:
3sexty said:

Well kinda yes and no here.. We have huge areas of what would be considered with adeqaute ranfall averages (east quarter of Aus- and much farming in these areas) prob the size of france, germany, uk etc put together and then some. Only issue is that it is highly variable with some years too much rain and others not so much. Overall tho there are many fertile regions of the county such as east coast, Tasmanaia etc. Unfortunatley we have very strict immigration policies. I think we could easily sustain millions more in popluation. 

I live in Canada myself, another country with a large area and small population density. I live in what is called the Windsor-Quebec City corrider, which takes up a miniscule portion of Canada's area, yet has over half of the country's population. Outside of this area, with the exception of some concentrated areas such as Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, etc., there is vast nothingness.

same issue here where 12 million of us living in just 3 cities alone,- Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane .And then add another few million to Perth and Adelaide. Does not leave much across the rest of the counntry.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
3sexty said:

Well kinda yes and no here.. We have huge areas of what would be considered with adeqaute ranfall averages (east quarter of Aus- and much farming in these areas) prob the size of france, germany, uk etc put together and then some. Only issue is that it is highly variable with some years too much rain and others not so much. Overall tho there are many fertile regions of the county such as east coast, Tasmanaia etc. Unfortunatley we have very strict immigration policies. I think we could easily sustain millions more in popluation. 

What's strict about the immigration policies? It's definitely not as strict as the US or European countries.

theyre heaps strict imo. I think we set the standard for immigration retsrictions with our offsore immigaration processing meausres such as that in Nauru island. In terms of the EU, they have been letting heaps of displaced Syrian refugees in....etc

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
Lawlight said:

What's strict about the immigration policies? It's definitely not as strict as the US or European countries.

theyre heaps strict imo. I think we set the standard for immigration retsrictions with our offsore immigaration processing meausres such as that in Nauru island. In terms of the EU, they have been letting heaps of displaced Syrian refugees in....etc

The offshore immigration processing is for refugees and asylum seekers. Not to be confused with migrants. You simply cannot just apply for immigration to EU countries like you can for Australia.

shikamaru317 said:
20k from a single retailer in Australia is pretty good, if it does indeed do around 60k first week there I will be happy.

I'm hoping for at least 700k first week across all markets next week, between XB1 S and XB1 X. If it does more than that, all the better.

I live in The Netherlands and people love PS4 over in my country but at work I hear so many people saying they are excited to get a Xbox one X to play multiplatform games on their new 4k television, I have high hopes. We know how comparison video's can spread like wildfire these days and when those 4k textures show up in comparisons it will be the biggest difference by a large margin this gen.

I expect good numbers, very excited to see how it does and I really want it to succeed because 4k is sutch a big step up and I prefer native over anything else, easier for developers and the better picture.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

FIT_Gamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Not sure what to make of that information...

But I'd imagine it could sell a couple million this holiday.

Don't see that happening. From my understanding they are only planning on shipping 1 million by year's end.

Yeah I will be surprised if it reaches even 0.5million this year. It will be intresting to see though if people are interested in 500$ console and in Australia I think consoles are more expensive. I am sure 90% would be already Xbox owner who upgrade their console

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
shikamaru317 said:
20k from a single retailer in Australia is pretty good, if it does indeed do around 60k first week there I will be happy.

I'm hoping for at least 700k first week across all markets next week, between XB1 S and XB1 X. If it does more than that, all the better.

I live in The Netherlands and people love PS4 over in my country but at work I hear so many people saying they are excited to get a Xbox one X to play multiplatform games on their new 4k television, I have high hopes. We know how comparison video's can spread like wildfire these days and when those 4k textures show up in comparisons it will be the biggest difference by a large margin this gen.

I expect good numbers, very excited to see how it does and I really want it to succeed because 4k is sutch a big step up and I prefer native over anything else, easier for developers and the better picture.

That's great to hear but regarding the comparisons arnt they inaccurate? Doesn't YouTube compress videos and only output them in 1080p so watching a 4K comparison is almost pointless. Or am I wrong. 

Anyway I've heard from a few people in country's that Xbox is basically dead that there is real excitement around the X. I think that's great.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

These are great numbers imo. Since more than likely these are hardcore games, they will buy a lot of games for their consoles/ subscriptions. Which matters more than console sales.

Snoopy said:
These are great numbers imo. Since more than likely these are hardcore games, they will buy a lot of games for their consoles/ subscriptions. Which matters more than console sales.

They are also likely made of mostly people who already owned XB1. So no new subs or increase in software sales. New buyers are more important. I'm curious if GameStop will announce trade-in % for XB1X like they did with the Pro. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Snoopy said:

They are also likely made of mostly people who already owned XB1. So no new subs or increase in software sales. New buyers are more important. I'm curious if GameStop will announce trade-in % for XB1X like they did with the Pro. 

Not exactly. A lot of people went over to ps4 because of better resolution according to early surveys. Plus if you're buying a 4k tv xbox one x is a no-brainer since it is the perfect 4k media hub as well.

So I'm just going to assume the numbers are accurate for a second.
20k preorders at eb should be at around 33k after launch week. And if that's 1/3 of Australia sales that would put launch weeks sales at 100k. That's sounds really good to me. How have recent console launches done there? How did the pro do? Please no one bite my head off, I know these are estimates that could be very inaccurate.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.