By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More than half of Destiny 2's console sales were digital downloads

Nautilus said:
DonFerrari said:

Hoped 0% digital attach ratio and that the game had like 0 sales?

The closer to that, the better it would be.

I can't really disagree on that

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8589253

I knew the digital would be big for this game but not that big. To think that some people didn't even believe 40% digital was happening in the industry now, let alone 50%.

d21lewis said:
Embrace the future! Just like how we don't see people with stacks of CDs in their car anymore, the day is coming.

It's coming!

That were times when you couldn't take your seat as front passenger because of all the CDs on the ground and seat ^^

d21lewis said:
Embrace the future! Just like how we don't see people with stacks of CDs in their car anymore, the day is coming.

It's coming!

I will resist until the last moment!

But seriously, if PS5 is BC with PS4, and does a nice job of upscaling them to 4K, then I will probably double dip for a lotta games digital. I will need a 4TB internal SSHD though.

That has got to be tough for third parties trying to track sales. Nielsen is just now starting to figure out how to attempt to track some steaming services. I bet it is even tougher for games.

I wish the numbers were as transparent as the movie industry.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

So we can't trust VGChartz completely especially when it comes to multiplayer games/ uwp games.

I think this definitely doesn't' apply for the UK. Games here are at least 10 GBP cheaper @ Amazon than then PSN Store.

That's insane. Looks like destiny 2 dis better then we thought

germibobi said:
I think this definitely doesn't' apply for the UK. Games here are at least 10 GBP cheaper @ Amazon than then PSN Store.

I like is America and games on Amazon are almost always cheaper on Amazon. New games... older games doesn't matter. AAA games from 2013, 2014, 2015 can be bought new for $7-20 at retailers like Amazon. But if I get on my Xbox and check the price they are $20-50 still. AAA games never go under $20, and under 30$ is rare too digitally. So I'm sure this applies in the U.K. Too.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Yup.... i called it. The digital shift is inevitable. It just makes sense.