By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Suggestion: Add some kind of a notification symbol when there's something new in the new buddy. It could be the number of new items, or it could be an exlamation mark. I don't particularly care what exactly it is, as long as it's easy to notice. It shouldn't be there when someone merely replies in a thread, but it should be there in most other cases. The required information already seems to be in the buddy, so this doesn't sound too difficult.

Around the Network

Is it a known bug that it's impossible now to search topics? Getting a blank page from the search bar and the forum search page. Both Chrome and Firefox.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

TalonMan said:
Zkuq said:
Suggestion: Add some kind of a notification symbol when there's something new in the new buddy. It could be the number of new items, or it could be an exlamation mark. I don't particularly care what exactly it is, as long as it's easy to notice. It shouldn't be there when someone merely replies in a thread, but it should be there in most other cases. The required information already seems to be in the buddy, so this doesn't sound too difficult.

Aren't the only "new" things in the buddy (other than replies to a thread), notifications and PMs? And don't you already get a notification for those, on your avatar image? I'm not 100% sure I'm following the request...?

If there is a notification on my avatar, I'm not seeing it:

Link to the image in case it's not visible or something

Nevermind the red notification box - I made a userscript and added it there myself. In case it matters, I'm using Firefox.

That would explain why he waz online for an extended period

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Serviced Apartments Manchester @ (link removed

Hotels in Salford Quays - Aparthotels Manchester, Quays Hotels- Are you looking for Hotels in Media City Salford Quays? Quay Apartments Offer serviced apartments and hotels for professionals & corporate executives at affordable prices in Manchester UK.

User has been checked out of room

~tads12

Last edited by trasharmdsister12 - on 24 May 2018

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Zkuq said:

Aren't the only "new" things in the buddy (other than replies to a thread), notifications and PMs? And don't you already get a notification for those, on your avatar image? I'm not 100% sure I'm following the request...?

OK, I think I got it now. I'd like notifications when someone quotes me as well - and I'd like them on the buddy icon, since that's where I can access the links to the quotations.

It'd be great if after editing your post, you were taken to either the thread page containing the post or the post itself. I'd personally prefer the same page and not the post itself, but I can definitely see if people would prefer it the other way. Being taken to the first page of the thread is just stupid though.

At the top right of every thread there is a link called "Subscribe to Thread". I assume it's supposed to add the current thread to your list of favorite threads which I assume would put it in the "Subscribed" section of the VGC buddy which would be useful if one wished to quickly find threads of particular interest without having to delve and peruse every single thread's title before the one you seek.
But when I click on it, nothing happens so I'm letting you guys know that something seems to be wrong with that link/button.

any chance ignoring users will not be blocked behind a paywall in the future?

Baddman said:
any chance ignoring users will not be blocked behind a paywall in the future?

the old userscript from Wordsofwisdom might still work which had that fuctionality

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.