By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Hynad said:
TalonMan said:
Hynad said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/232694/the-vgchartz-website-development-thread-post-suggestionsfeedback/111/#7

Ok - well it doesn't appear to be happening with ALL links though it's definitely happening with SOME of them (this one does it to me, too from the Dashboard page - but several others in the list, work perfectly normal), and I'll need to figure out why that is.

My guess is it has something to do with "post counts" (what you have your "max posts" set to and what it thinks it should be - or something like that!!). Anyway - thanks for the link, this will help!!

For reference, mine is set to 100 per page.

Edit: And you’re right, some links do work. Very strange.

I was right - it wasn't holding the "max posts" setting, and screwing the URLs up. All fixed!!

Let me know if you see anything else not working on that page - like I said, there were a number of places that were absolutely broken (can't remember them off-hand at the moment), but all were corrected!!

Around the Network
TalonMan said:

I was right - it wasn't holding the "max posts" setting, and screwing the URLs up. All fixed!!

Let me know if you see anything else not working on that page - like I said, there were a number of places that were absolutely broken (can't remember them off-hand at the moment), but all were corrected!!

Will do! Thanks for addressing this in such a short notice!

test test test

TalonMan said:

test test test

Success. Also I couldn't find this thread. Was it hidden?

Can we modify the "privacy" options that lets people out of of stuff.

Example: commented on a comment made by on this article: PS5 Probably Won't Get 'Generation Defining Games' Until 2022, Says PlayStation CEO. (1 day ago)

I don't know who commented, and I don't know on what comment they commented.

So my only option is trying to check every comment I commented on.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
TalonMan said:

test test test

Example: commented on a comment made by on this article: PS5 Probably Won't Get 'Generation Defining Games' Until 2022, Says PlayStation CEO. (1 day ago)

1 - this thread is stickied, so I'm not sure why you couldn't find it

2 - I'm guessing that's a bug? If it was intentionally hiding the name, it would at the very least have the word "Somebody" - can you screencapture that and post here??

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Bandorr said:

2 - I'm guessing that's a bug? If it was intentionally hiding the name, it would at the very least have the word "Somebody" - can you screencapture that and post here??

I'm guessing "Somebody agreed" applies to the forums and "commented on a comment" is for articles?

• Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
TalonMan said:

I'm guessing "Somebody agreed" applies to the forums and "commented on a comment" is for articles?

Yeah - and we allowed for the anonymous "agreed" as a compromise for those that were freaking out about the functionality, but there is no "anonymous" commenting in articles, so that's a bug of some kind. Thanks for the screen grab - it'll help!!

Bandorr said:
TalonMan said:

The "someone" that had comnmented but got blanked out, was Pikashoe. For whatever reason, if the person replying was the author of the first comment in the thread, it wasn't creating the required data needed for the notifications.

This has been fixed - unfortunately, it's not retroactive so those blank ones will remain blank. If you see any new ones though, please let me know ASAP...

TalonMan said:
Bandorr said:

The "someone" that had comnmented but got blanked out, was Pikashoe. For whatever reason, if the person replying was the author of the first comment in the thread, it wasn't creating the required data needed for the notifications.

This has been fixed - unfortunately, it's not retroactive so those blank ones will remain blank. If you see any new ones though, please let me know ASAP...

Not a problem, thanks for the quick reply and fix etc.

Bol

Last edited by FromDK - 3 days ago