By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Great thread, it is indeed a great time to be on VGCharz.

Now off to work on some of this!

--------------------------------------------

November 4th: Version control setup done.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 05 November 2017

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Resolved:

Performance issues on November 3rd, 2017, from 16:44 - 17:22 EDT : Slow page with heavy database queries located that caused an issue for the site with too many concurrent requests.  Placed a limit on the number of concurrent accesses to the page (requests to slow page will will q so that they canj be processed without thrashing).

November 4 - Adjust topic search query for improved performance.  Page could use a redeisgn, but at least it's not as slow.

Resolved problem of hotmail.com and outlook.com blocking e-mails from vgchartz.com.  No known major domains refusing e-mails.

Last edited by jlauro - on 05 November 2017

Exciting times for VGC! Full steam ahead!

I'm glad to be working with such a group of individuals!! It certainly wasn't the smoothest ride, and while there is still much work to be done, I'm happy that we're making progress on this site. If you guys have any questions in regards to how this is being dealt with, Ryuu would be your best point of contact.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 04 November 2017

We'll be made great again! Yes!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Awesome to see, a big thanks to everyone contributing to make the site better, you're all really great to dedicate so much time to improving our experience and all!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Serious question, is anyone from the staff actually being paid?

Idea: HTTPS. As far as I know, it's free these days, thanks to Let's Encrypt.

Zkuq said:

That actually is on our list of suggestions

VGPolyglot said:
Zkuq said:

That actually is on our list of suggestions

Most excellent. As far as I'm concerned, the lack of HTTPS is a big sign of unprofessionalism for a site that handles sensitive data (e.g. passwords). It's understandable for an old site like this because I guess the importance of encryption wasn't as well known back then, but these days, not having it is inexcusable for any modern site.

I also forgot to mention this in a hurry while writing the previous post, but this whole 'something happening' thing is awesome! It's great to have someone (or, in this case, lots of people) take care of the site.