By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 & Xbox Two are going to be Monsters!

surprised by 2700u's performance?

yes 46 51.69%

no 43 48.31%

Total:89
Pemalite said:
vivster said:
"Monsters" aka the "midrange of tomorrow".

Aka. Low-end half way through the cycle.
A Geforce 1030 which is the lowest of the lowest-end in nVidia's product stack can give a Radeon 7850/PS4 a run for it's money and smashes the Xbox One.

Ehhhhh no. A 1050 is on par with a 7850, a 1030 only equals the 7750 - which is weaker than the GPU in the Xbox ONE. The PS4 is actually in between 1050 and 1050 Ti in power.

Still, these are low level cards, so the point still stands, it's just not as dramatic as you make it out.

Around the Network

Damn.. future games gonna cost so much to develop

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

malistix1985 said:
The PS5 and Xbox4 might be close to my current rig/performance wise it will be epic to see what developers like naughty dog and rare can pull from it, really good times are here and more are coming.

As long as they have Physical Disc support, I will buy both.

What has rare done that actually demands power or even uses it? You probably are not saying anything of the sort and im reading iinto it, but you putting rare and naughty dog together next to graphical expectation is a little bizzare to me.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Pemalite said:
vivster said:
"Monsters" aka the "midrange of tomorrow".

A Geforce 1030 which is the lowest of the lowest-end in nVidia's product stack can give a Radeon 7850/PS4 a run for it's money and smashes the Xbox One.

That's why they were clever enough to upgrade it to a 1060. Just in time to be crushed by next year's midrange.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

eva01beserk said:
malistix1985 said:
The PS5 and Xbox4 might be close to my current rig/performance wise it will be epic to see what developers like naughty dog and rare can pull from it, really good times are here and more are coming.

As long as they have Physical Disc support, I will buy both.

What has rare done that actually demands power or even uses it? You probably are not saying anything of the sort and im reading iinto it, but you putting rare and naughty dog together next to graphical expectation is a little bizzare to me.

Oh no im just a big fan of both studio's, obviously naughty dog is pushing way more realism, but I've always followed both companies closely, just like I used to follow Bioware and stuff, there was no context except I always want to see new stuff from them.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Geforce 1030 is like 1,127 Tflops.... and its performance is abit under a Geforce 750 ti.

Thats well below a PS4 in terms of performance.

The mistake you are making is that you are assuming that flops is all there is to GPU performance. You are highly mistaken.
We have been around this tree so many times JRPG, but you continue to use the same flops argument, which is hilariously bad.

You can have a GPU with less flops beat a GPU with more flops.

JRPGfan said:

Heck this Ryzen 2700u could beat a 1030 in terms of performance, and at 15-25watts.

While a geforce 1030 alone is 30watts+ (without counting in a systems cpu).

No. Especially at higher resolutions as the Ryzen's APU doesn't have the bandwidth.
Plus the Ryzen's GPU will not be running at maximum speed if the CPU is taxxed.

Turkish said:

Yet that lowest of the lowest gpu in the ps4 produces better graphics with its exclusives than a pc with a $1000 gpu and has consistently medium to high quality settings according to DF in multiplats, now imagine a ps5 that has a gpu that smahes that $1000 gpu in a couple years and make the best looking games of today (God of War, Detroit, Ghost  of Tsushima, TLOU2) look like last gen.

But even with multiplats, how does a geforce 1030 run Asscreed Origins? It runs it at ps2 quality very low settings at 1080p with awful screen tearing

Nice shifting of goal posts to push it from power to graphics.
However... It doesn't stop the Geforce 1030 giving a Radeon 7850 a run for it's money.

Because what you have failed to do is create an equal and fair comparison, aka. Pit the Radeon 7850 against the 1030.

DonFerrari said:

for a 720p or 1080p display on a 7-10" hybrid would you agree that it would be possible to have this version of the PS5 (sure with lot of compromise and perhaps power level of PS4)? Sure there are some technical burdens today, but designing from ground up I don't think it would be impossible (but it could ne uninteresting).

Tech moves fast, so in 2020 a ton of possibilities might open up on the mobile front, so it's hard to say.

Next gen we might see some hooks in the consoles software stack that might give Sony/Microsoft more control over things like rendering resolution so that games can scale upwards and downwards better, which will be important if the push for multiple products with differing performance continues.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Pemalite said:

Ehhhhh no. A 1050 is on par with a 7850, a 1030 only equals the 7750 - which is weaker than the GPU in the Xbox ONE. The PS4 is actually in between 1050 and 1050 Ti in power.

Still, these are low level cards, so the point still stands, it's just not as dramatic as you make it out.

I said "Gives a run for it's money". Not beat.

However... An overclocked Geforce 1030 can beat a Geforce 750 Ti.
Guess what the Geforce 750Ti gets near and even somtimes beats? You guessed it. The Radeon 7850.

Sources:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750-10.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb,5110-5.html

The Playstation 4 is low-end GPU hardware today. That's the reality of the situation, that's how tech moves, that's life.

vivster said:
Pemalite said:

That's why they were clever enough to upgrade it to a 1060. Just in time to be crushed by next year's midrange.

Exactly.

This happens every console generation anyway.
The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3's GPU's ended up in the mid-range a year after release, low-end after 3 years.
The PC and technology in general stops for no one... And that is a good thing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
JRPGfan said:

Geforce 1030 is like 1,127 Tflops.... and its performance is abit under a Geforce 750 ti.

Thats well below a PS4 in terms of performance.

The mistake you are making is that you are assuming that flops is all there is to GPU performance. You are highly mistaken.
We have been around this tree so many times JRPG, but you continue to use the same flops argument, which is hilariously bad.

You can have a GPU with less flops beat a GPU with more flops.

JRPGfan said:

Heck this Ryzen 2700u could beat a 1030 in terms of performance, and at 15-25watts.

While a geforce 1030 alone is 30watts+ (without counting in a systems cpu).

No. Especially at higher resolutions as the Ryzen's APU doesn't have the bandwidth.
Plus the Ryzen's GPU will not be running at maximum speed if the CPU is taxxed.

Turkish said:

Yet that lowest of the lowest gpu in the ps4 produces better graphics with its exclusives than a pc with a $1000 gpu and has consistently medium to high quality settings according to DF in multiplats, now imagine a ps5 that has a gpu that smahes that $1000 gpu in a couple years and make the best looking games of today (God of War, Detroit, Ghost  of Tsushima, TLOU2) look like last gen.

But even with multiplats, how does a geforce 1030 run Asscreed Origins? It runs it at ps2 quality very low settings at 1080p with awful screen tearing

Nice shifting of goal posts to push it from power to graphics.
However... It doesn't stop the Geforce 1030 giving a Radeon 7850 a run for it's money.

Because what you have failed to do is create an equal and fair comparison, aka. Pit the Radeon 7850 against the 1030.

DonFerrari said:

for a 720p or 1080p display on a 7-10" hybrid would you agree that it would be possible to have this version of the PS5 (sure with lot of compromise and perhaps power level of PS4)? Sure there are some technical burdens today, but designing from ground up I don't think it would be impossible (but it could ne uninteresting).

Tech moves fast, so in 2020 a ton of possibilities might open up on the mobile front, so it's hard to say.

Next gen we might see some hooks in the consoles software stack that might give Sony/Microsoft more control over things like rendering resolution so that games can scale upwards and downwards better, which will be important if the push for multiple products with differing performance continues.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Guess what the Geforce 750Ti gets near and even somtimes beats? You guessed it. The Radeon 7850.

Sources:

The Playstation 4 is low-end GPU hardware today. That's the reality of the situation, that's how tech moves, that's life.

vivster said:

Exactly.

This happens every console generation anyway.
The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3's GPU's ended up in the mid-range a year after release, low-end after 3 years.
The PC and technology in general stops for no one... And that is a good thing.

Might be low end, but in a console you knw it can do more than on a pc, so  the ps4 still beats the 1030. So ps4 is still better than the low end gpu. I mean you just saw the reply of the guy trying to use it with ACO. ran like 7th gen.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Doing a ps4 switch would be really challenging unless you were starting with an all new games library. You'd have to get ps4 level performance in handheld mode or else there would have to be a patch for each game that optimized the game to run in the low power mode. I doubt many devs would go back and spend the time downgrading their games for this mode and almost zero financial benefit.

eva01beserk said:

Might be low end, but in a console you knw it can do more than on a pc, so  the ps4 still beats the 1030. So ps4 is still better than the low end gpu. I mean you just saw the reply of the guy trying to use it with ACO. ran like 7th gen.

Assassins Creed Origins. 900P. 30fps. Mostly medium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znB3v6ZOmb4&feature=youtu.be&t=4m38s

That is on a crappy pentium dual-core (No hyper-threading) and only 8GB DDR4 2133mhz memory. - So expect gains with a more modern quad/hex/octo and a heftier overclock on the GPU and 16GB of faster ram.

The PS4 isn't a massive improvement over that. Ergo. It's low-end. (Note: I have never ONCE stated the 1030 is superior to the PS4, just that the 1030 will give it a run for it's money.) And flies in the face of your console optimisations giving you any sort of catastrophic advantage.

Also. A Geforce 1030 here costs $99 AUD.
The Playstation 4 is $400 AUD.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 05 November 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Sources:

Still not true. Here's a better comparision, where you can see the breakdown of every graphical effect: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GT-1030-vs-AMD-HD-7850/m283726vs2182 You can see that the 7850 is leading in every category by a large amount. That's not nearly enough to give it a run for it's money

Oh, and it also doesn't smash the Xbox ONE, it's actually almost exactly on par with that one: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GT-1030-vs-AMD-HD-7770/m283726vsm7710

But yeah, they are low end nowadays, with the XBOX being soon overtaken by an APU (and the PS4 probably too, with the Intel/AMD cooperation chip they announced just yesterday - provided they manage to cool that one appropriately to reach the power it's build promises)

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 08 November 2017