By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

thismeintiel said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
They have a ton of room to make up in a short amount of time. All the Scorpio and regular edition pre orders, switch riding on Mario hype, it almost seems like an impossible feat at this point. I honestly can’t see ps4 winning November npd.

My gut says it’ll be Xbox>Switch>PS4.

You do realize the PS4 has a bunch of built up pre-orders for this month, too, right?  Namely the COD:WW2 and SW:BF2 bundles.  We also don't know how far ahead the PS4 is above the other HW.  If it starts quickly shooting up the monthly charts, it must be selling a lot.  And I'm sure Sony has made sure to make enough units to meet demand.

Personally, I think a more realistic result will either be PS4>Switch>XBO or Switch>PS4>XBO.

And according to amazon, those never got into the top 10 during their preorder phase and already around the 60 range or lower. I’m not entirely sure they did much for ps4’s numbers. Destiny 2 bundle didn’t even provide the month of September to PS4 as switch handily beat them. 

Edit: Corrected my post to reflect ps4 lost September with destiny bundle, not October. But switch still best them for October as well. 

Last edited by UltimateGamer1982 - on 19 November 2017

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
thismeintiel said:

You do realize the PS4 has a bunch of built up pre-orders for this month, too, right?  Namely the COD:WW2 and SW:BF2 bundles.  We also don't know how far ahead the PS4 is above the other HW.  If it starts quickly shooting up the monthly charts, it must be selling a lot.  And I'm sure Sony has made sure to make enough units to meet demand.

Personally, I think a more realistic result will either be PS4>Switch>XBO or Switch>PS4>XBO.

And according to amazon, those never got into the top 10 during their preorder phase and already around the 60 range or lower. I’m not entirely sure they did much for ps4’s numbers. Destiny 2 bundle didn’t even provide the month of October to PS4 as switch handily beat them. 

Destiny 2 bundle was in September and it cost $449. And the switch won by a few thousand units and lost in revenue so it was quite close.

But I don't think this PS4 bundles had a lot of preorders though.  Their pricing meant they wouldn't be limited.

GribbleGrunger said:
So ... now people are seeing why I said it was too early to call. I learned that from last year ... and the one before that ... oh, and the one before that ... and, well, you get the picture.

Call what?

KLAMarine said:
GribbleGrunger said:
So ... now people are seeing why I said it was too early to call. I learned that from last year ... and the one before that ... oh, and the one before that ... and, well, you get the picture.

Call what?

Think he’s referring to who wins Black Friday here in the US. Although I don’t remember anyone claiming a victor already. All three are selling very well. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
KLAMarine said:

Call what?

Think he’s referring to who wins Black Friday here in the US. Although I don’t remember anyone claiming a victor already. All three are selling very well. 

Then you maybe  should  go back and read, many where claiming  switch  already  won and even some said xbox, even going  as far to say switch > xbox> ps4.

But i have to agree i did laugh a little. 

Also holy damn, woke up( its monday 06:32 here) and ps4 didn't budge and neither  did horizon!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Also holy damn, woke up( its monday 06:32 here) and ps4 didn't budge and neither  did horizon!

xl-klaudkil said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Then you maybe  should  go back and read, many where claiming  switch  already  won and even some said xbox, even going  as far to say switch > xbox> ps4.

But i have to agree i did laugh a little. 

We’re they claiming a winner or guessing? I was predicting switch or Xbox for first but Im not 100% claiming it as fact. Not yet anyway. Like I said, all three are doing great. I’m still predicting ps4 in last however. Not sure about who wins. Most likely comes down between switch and Xbox. I’ll be very shocked if ps4 manages the win. Again I’m not claiming I’m right, it’s just a feeling I have. 

X just dropped down one spot to 28. PS4 remains at 2. 

When usually monthly ranking change?
Surprised to see PS4 still so much down in monthly ranking.

UltimateGamer1982 said:

X just dropped down one spot to 28. PS4 remains at 2. 

It's a bloodbath right now