By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

leo-j said:
peachbuggy said:

What is really ironic is that you are arguing this on the Amazon bestsellers thread. With proof hourly that the Switch is annihilating the Ps4, so the general console buying public obviously don't agree with your sentiments. I have to admit most of your arguments are laughable. Well enjoy the thread and the next 1 in October. Both your argument and prospects of a "win" for your console are going to look worse as this 1 continues and through Decembers' Amazon thread.

what's crazy is that you guys are getting personally offended.... clearly......

I have a Nintendo switch, I have zelda.... I like my switch a lot.... I also have a play station, I'm definitely not being biased about anything.... 

No.... definitely not. Your bias doesn't show..... at .... all.

HINT:-     It shows a mile off and always has done.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Also, yes I might be out of place arguing about sales because this is an amazon thread. My statement was basically bringing up worldwide sales between both platforms, since someone on here said the switch would obliterate the other two if it was sufficiently in stock. My opinion differs, worldwide I can see the ps4 doing similar or higher numbers than the switch because:

a. It's going to be cheaper, and might be more readily available world wide
b. It's going to have a vastly larger library, the place where you can play the most amount of variety of games also
c. It's already established, with nearly 70 million people playing on it, people want to play with their friends

so yea.....

mM
peachbuggy said:
leo-j said:

wii u line up must be better as well..... sure jan ;}

I see logic doesn't work with you guys..... 

Logic means telling us certain games are better than others because you prefer them SUBJECTIVELY?

it's not because I prefer them..... 

I'm saying there's a vastly superior library of games on the playstation.... that's not even an argument.... you have RESIDENT EVIL, METAL GEAR, FINAL FANTASY, FALLOUT, ETC ETC the biggest third party games on there.... you also have huge AAA exclusives.... it isn't just one or two games rated over 95 on meta.... it's en entire library of AAA ip..... as a consumer that is clearly the best place to play if you want the widest selection of AAA ip

mM
leo-j said:
Also, yes I might be out of place arguing about sales because this is an amazon thread. My statement was basically bringing up worldwide sales between both platforms, since someone on here said the switch would obliterate the other two if it was sufficiently in stock. My opinion differs, worldwide I can see the ps4 doing similar or higher numbers than the switch because:

b. It's going to have a vastly larger library, the place where you can play the most amount of variety of games also
c. It's already established, with nearly 70 million people playing on it, people want to play with their friends

so yea.....

The argument should be about AMAZON U.S. sales here, something that can easily be proven by looking at the link in the OP. If you want this to be about WW sales, then the only thing we can use as metrics atm are similar AMAZON WW gaming sites, where you may be surprised to see that even in Sony "strongholds" things are a lot closer than you may think. I'm not saying Sony is going to have a bad holidays going by that limited data but if i'm to be honest things are looking like from that data and using logic, then PS4 will be last both in WW and especially in the U.S. Read the hourly rankings on this very thread. They make very interesting reading! 

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

leo-j said:
peachbuggy said:

Logic means telling us certain games are better than others because you prefer them SUBJECTIVELY?

I'm saying there's a vastly superior library of games on the playstation.... that's not even an argument.... you have RESIDENT EVIL, METAL GEAR, FINAL FANTASY, FALLOUT, ETC ETC the biggest third party games on there.... you also have huge AAA exclusives.... it isn't just one or two games rated over 95 on meta.... it's en entire library of AAA ip..... as a consumer that is clearly the best place to play if you want the widest selection of AAA ip

Again it's subjective but this list of AAA games has been built up in 4 YEARS! Talk to me again in 4 years. Switch probably has THE 2 GOTY, maybe  some peoples' GOAT contenders from just 7 months on the market. So Switch has done pretty well, apparently already on that score it seems, particularly with the game buying publics' perception if this thread is anything to go by. 

Around the Network

All your biases are showing, and PS4 bring third WW? I don't think so.

peachbuggy said:
leo-j said:

Again it's subjective but this list of AAA games has been built up in 4 YEARS! Talk to me again in 4 years. Switch probably has THE 2 GOTY, maybe  some peoples' GOAT contenders from just 7 months on the market. So Switch has done pretty well, apparently already on that score it seems, particularly with the game buying publics' perception if this thread is anything to go by. 

true, I agree, we shall see.... I'm just saying from a consumers perspective the PlayStation does have that large library and cheaper price point(this holiday season). But yea for sure the switch is on track to being the best Nintendo system game library wise, if it does what it did this year every year....

mM
leo-j said:
peachbuggy said:

true, I agree, we shall see.... I'm just saying from a consumers perspective the PlayStation does have that large library and cheaper price point(this holiday season). But yea for sure the switch is on track to being the best Nintendo system game library wise, if it does what it did this year every year....

Fair enough comment and 1 i agree with much more than your other points on this post :P

leo-j said:

so yea.....

According to this logic the 3DS will outsell the Switch. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

This isn’t a worldwide thread, this is a U.S. thread.

Nobody is denying that the PS4 is the #1 system overall, worldwide, (for now). But in the U.S., specifically, it’s a different story.

The Switch has already won half of the NPDs this year. (March, April, July, August, September, and October.) The best the PS4 can do is tie, and it won January and February when it the Switch wasn’t even out yet and won May and June because Nintendo couldn’t provide enough stock if their lives depended on it. During those two months, the Amazon prices for the Switch would be $100 above its retail price, minimum. 

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 11 November 2017