By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Holy, that is one hell of a deal for the PS4.It will most likely sell like hotcakes.But that makes me wonder that the PS4 sales will tank from now to black friday in the regions where such promotion will be in effect.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

5 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#04 XB1X Scorpio (down 1)
#12 NS Neon (up 1)
#14 NS Grey (same)
#29 XB1X (down 1)
#30 SNES Classic (up 1)
#39 XB1 (up 1)
#45 XB1 Battlefield (up 1)
#57 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#59 PS4 COD (down 2)
#66 PS4 Pro (same)
#67 PS4 Star Wars (up 13)
#78 N2DSXL (same)
#85 N2DSXL Pokeball (up 3)
#96 N3DSXL SNES (down 3)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#05 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (up 2)
#08 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Last edited by p0isonparadise - on 19 December 2017

Nautilus said:
Holy, that is one hell of a deal for the PS4.It will most likely sell like hotcakes.But that makes me wonder that the PS4 sales will tank from now to black friday in the regions where such promotion will be in effect.

Does,'t matter with things like these......

So what it doesn't sell well or even at all for the next 8 days or so. And lose all of say 100k sales (thats being really generous) then in 2-3 days it sells 700k consoles. Selling more in that time frame that it has in as much as 3 months combined on most months of the year. 

Thats the power of holiday sales.

Intrinsic said:
Nautilus said:

Does,'t matter with things like these......

So what it doesn't sell well or even at all for the next 8 days or so. And lose all of say 100k sales (thats being really generous) then in 2-3 days it sells 700k consoles. Selling more in that time frame that it has in as much as 3 months combined on most months of the year. 

Thats the power of holiday sales.

But you lose 100k sales of console at 300 dollars to gain 200k at selling at 200 dollars with no profit(obviously Im assuming next to no profit).Just saying that Sony should have announced this 1 week before black friday, so that you profit over that slice of the market that dont follow the gaming industry that much and dont know when there is usually sales and stuff.

In the long run it wont matter much, since the PS4 will sell great either way.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

good for MS in the UK and US, looks like they have a decent chance at making up for the first ten months of the year and hitting around 8 or 9m again. Maybe 10m if they have stock

Last edited by celador - on 10 November 2017

Around the Network

so does no one have deals for the Pro so far?

If so, I would guess Sony will keep it as is for the next year before a $100 price cut holiday 2018.

celador said:

If so, I would guess Sony will keep it as is for the next year before a $100 price cut holiday 2018.

I assume if they don't end up slashing the price this holiday(looks doubtful) then they will right before anthem, and rdr2. Those are probably going to be the biggest multiplats next year besides the usual COD, and battlefield. I'm sure Sony won't want people switching over to an x. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

celador said:

Nah I think its just the slim getting all the deals so far.

shikamaru317 said:
celador said:

I haven't seen any so far. I guess I got really lucky when I got mine last year for $340 on a Cyber Monday deal. 

I didn't realise there were any deals last year. 

And I actually forgot about Cyber Monday being a thing. If i remember rightly, more money was spent online on CM than BF last year. So perhaps we will see a few new deals there, maybe involving the Pro

hudsoniscool said:
celador said:

I assume if they don't end up slashing the price this holiday(looks doubtful) then they will right before anthem, and rdr2. Those are probably going to be the biggest multiplats next year besides the usual COD, and battlefield. I'm sure Sony won't want people switching over to an x. 

Which is why it's weird they have done nothing so far. Perhaps they are looking to ride out the launch wave and see how the X fares post-holiday before deciding