By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

quickrick said:
X1Gates said:

Exactly post a vague comment that can be spun anyway when the data comes out.

yea it seems  like his sources is amazon, and doing research on the internet.

Yeah there's a reason he hasn't approached the mods to get verified.  Odd they let him go on and on with no evidence.  Plus all of his insight as exactly what the rest of us know.  People love an insider though so it seems everyone hangs on to his every word.  He's real good at appeasing every fan base too.

Around the Network

1 day since last update.

HARDWARE:
#14 XB1 (down 9)
#21 NS Neon (down 4)
#22 NS Grey (up 6)
#23 PS4 Fool's Edition 
(up 1)
#47 N2DSXL B+T (up 5)
#49 PS4 Star Wars (up 6)
#54 SNES Classic (down 5)
#64 NS Mario (re-entry)
#66 PS4 Pro (down 20)
#69 XB1 Battlefield (up 20)
#72 XB1X (down 8)
#94 N3DSXL NES (down 11)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
None at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Grey Switch climbing the charts again due to being back in stock. (Well at least it will be on Dec. 5th.)

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Marth said:
Marth said:

Small Update on the Just Dance situation (if anyone is interested):

All have fallen quite a bit and the order is now rearranged. Only the Switch Version seems to hold up a bit. It could become a pretty strong 3rd party title on it.

Short Update because November is almost over.

Almost all the Just Dance games have fallen off heavily (well no surprise considering BF/CM) and the monthly ranking now is:

Wii - 30 (up1)

Switch - 46 (down 14)

The other versions have dropped out of the monthly top 100. Still the switch version seems like is sells somewhat okey but it will drop further because its out of the top 100 hourly. But I think it could have a bit of legs until the 2019 version is coming out.

In comparison: Mario + Rabbids is at 43 this month. AC:Origins (PS4) - 45,  Uncharted 4  - 48

And the Wii version will probably never die :D

They will still release Just Dance on Wii after PS4, XBO & NSW are all discontinued.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Marth said:

Short Update because November is almost over.

Almost all the Just Dance games have fallen off heavily (well no surprise considering BF/CM) and the monthly ranking now is:

Wii - 30 (up1)

Switch - 46 (down 14)

The other versions have dropped out of the monthly top 100. Still the switch version seems like is sells somewhat okey but it will drop further because its out of the top 100 hourly. But I think it could have a bit of legs until the 2019 version is coming out.

In comparison: Mario + Rabbids is at 43 this month. AC:Origins (PS4) - 45,  Uncharted 4  - 48

And the Wii version will probably never die :D

They will still release Just Dance on Wii after PS4, XBO & NSW are all discontinued.

And it will still sell well lol.

Around the Network
Marth said:
Insidb said:

And it will still sell well lol.

In a dystopian future:

The gaming market has crashed. Developers went out of business. Making money with games is almost impossible now.

There are only 4 games left that result in profit:

GTA V - for some reason still selling a lot after its port to the latest console / handheld generation.

Pokemon - Gamefreak ran out of ideas for game titles long ago but Pokemon Fork & Spoon still sell.

Skyrim - now available on every refridgerator, smart toilet and smart door, Skyrim has a lot of potential left after Bethesda released the Ultimate Remaster Edition V5

And Just Dance for the Wii still has its yearly release... :D

loool at the fork and spoon editions. But I can clearly see it coming after the release of Pokemon Mega Ultra Moon & Mega Ultra Sun

A few things ...

I don't think the XB1 did quite as well as people assume and one of the main contributory factors in it staying at the top is the fact both the competitors ran out of stock. Being the least popular console leading into Black Friday means they had more stock already in the retailers and storage. MS are victims of their own strategy of dropping the price at this time of year AND promoting this time of year as the 'most important'. People are now waiting and will continue to wait.

In terms of stock, Nintendo are still playing it safe and so I feel it was inevitable the stock would eventually run dry. Luckily they now seem to be on top of restocking and once an average for the months is assessed (one year isn't enough to ascertain 'certain' data) they will be able to strategies going forward much more clearly. They aren't really competing with the other two manufacturers, they know they have a huge fanbase and are just 'steady as you go'.

Sony clearly made enough stock for their projections and running the whole price drop for a week prior to Black Friday shows their main objective was to sell through everything they made. People need to stop looking at the Amazon charts and thinking it's as simple as who leads here. Sony know that dropping the price substantially at this time of the year sends out the wrong signal to consumers (see MS). I DO believe that because we've seen a substantial drop in price, and Sony know this is the wrong signal, they did it anyway because an 'official' price drop is coming very soon anyway. Like I keep saying, Sony looks are WW figures and also understands where MS will focus most, which is why Sony pushed more consoles to Europe and double down on PS+ for the US. They're pushing in the US and doubling down on regions they know they have in the bag. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

A few things ...

I don't think the XB1 did quite as well as people assume and one of the main contributory factors in it staying at the top is the fact both the competitors ran out of stock. Being the least popular console leading into Black Friday means they had more stock already in the retailers and storage. MS are victims of their own strategy of dropping the price at this time of year AND promoting this time of year as the 'most important'. People are now waiting and will continue to wait.

In terms of stock, Nintendo are still playing it safe and so I feel it was inevitable the stock would eventually run dry. Luckily they now seem to be on top of restocking and once an average for the months is assessed (one year isn't enough to ascertain 'certain' data) they will be able to strategies going forward much more clearly. They aren't really competing with the other two manufacturers, they know they have a huge fanbase and are just 'steady as you go'.

Sony clearly made enough stock for their projections and running the whole price drop for a week prior to Black Friday shows their main objective was to sell through everything they made. People need to stop looking at the Amazon charts and thinking it's as simple as who leads here. Sony know that dropping the price substantially at this time of the year sends out the wrong signal to consumers (see MS). I DO believe that because we've seen a substantial drop in price, and Sony know this is the wrong signal, they did it anyway because an 'official' price drop is coming very soon anyway. Like I keep saying, Sony looks are WW figures and also understands where MS will focus most, which is why Sony pushed more consoles to Europe and double down on PS+ for the US. They're pushing in the US and doubling down on regions they know they have in the bag. 

Just checking: you were sober when you posted this, right?

KLAMarine said:
GribbleGrunger said:

A few things ...

His points were pretty thought out tbh.

Errorist76 said:
KLAMarine said:

His points were pretty thought out tbh.

I can sense Gohan in his words :

Last edited by WebMasterFlex - on 30 November 2017