By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Metroid Prime 4 went full Windwaker?

Would you like a cartoony Metroid Prime?

Yes 20 17.54%

No 77 67.54%

Was that English? 4 3.51%

Show results 13 11.40%

Total:114

First of all sorry I’m not very good writing in English, I hope you can understand.

The other day I saw in a thread something about Metroid prime 4 being the game for the Switch to show its power on realistic graphics but I thought when was the last time Nintendo worked on a game with that kind of graphics on their main console?, so do you think Nintendo could abandon realistic graphics because of fear of their competitors? Would you like it if they go with cartoony graphics for Metroid Prime 4? (like Windwaker)

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network

I would cry foul. Metroid works only in a serious setting. You blow up planets and deal with genocide. You cannot just make that a cartoon. It would diminish it. Also Wind Waker was hated by a lot of people at the time and for a good time period. So doing something like this will benefit no one but Nintendo's competitors.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

We had that game. It was called Federation Force. It was considered an abomination when it was first unveiled. Unlike Wind Waker, the perception stayed that way.

The Wind Waker may have worked out in the end, but the damage the art style initially had is not something I suspect Nintendo will do again.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

mZuzek said:

Personally, I don't think I'd mind some subtle cel-shading or something.

This just made me think of a Metroid game with Killer7 improved graphics, and I'd be up to see something like that.

Around the Network

I’d prefer a Breath or the Wild style game with a very deep story. When I say Story, I mean a real one, not that scan-for-exposition bullshit that they had in the Prime games... scanning for explanations is NOT a story, no matter how much MP apologists claim it is.

Art style, they should go with something that matches Metroid, don't pull a cheap-ass Xenoblade Chronicles 2 thing with the characters.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 01 November 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Then that would anger the Metroid fanbase and hurt sales even more

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It won't. I would not mind some cel-shading to hide some blemishes but making Prime look like Wind Waker would make as much sense as a new Dead Space that looks like Wind Waker. Zelda as a series is very flexible with art style where Metroid isn't as flexible. You still have to keep a certain tone where Zelda you can do whatever you want.

Please God no!!!!! WW is a bad game!!

I don't think metroid works with this particular type of art style.If anything, MP4 is the perfect game to show that nintendo can also do "realistic" aesthetics (and maybe a little of gore even,who knows).