By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2: Regarding its Anime Style

caffeinade said:
Sunstrider said:

Well he keeps telling himself that he's a human though lol, so I went with that perspective of his .

I have not played Persona 5 yet.
Human is not the same as a cat person.
If he says he is a human, we should not undermine that by calling him a cat person.

Oh I'm not undermining him at all XD, play the game and you'll see some undermining there lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

style doesn't bother me very much. interesting video.

looking forward to this game. hope the gameplay improves on the past.

Thechalkblock said:

It was a bit mmo-lite, but I've always really liked the gameplay. Is this a common complaint?

Shaunodon said:
Thechalkblock said:

It was a bit mmo-lite, but I've always really liked the gameplay. Is this a common complaint?

i don't mean that the past gameplay was bad. i just mean that the most important thing for me to experience in a sequel is an improved or refreshed gameplay experience.

for me, the gameplay has always been my main reason to continue gaming.

Style will be subjective, but to me it’s already a massive improvement over X. Some of those characters looked absolutely hideous to me, I still have nightmares about that black haired girl with the bob-cut. Those cold dead eyes...*rocks back and forth*

I’m a lot more interested in how the gameplay has been improved, particularly in regards to inventory management. That was probably the weakest part of the previous two games.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

I don't think the problem is the anime style, rather the samey generic bland anime style. Expressions aren't only possible in that style, they're just easier, which I would hope means they're focusing resources on gameplay and world building and not that they're just lazy. Personally I still prefer the original's style, but I don't think X2's is bad or anything, certainly wont affect my enjoyment of the game.

I'm perfectly fin with the art style, even though I'm not a fan of anime. What is more off-putting to me is the game itself. I get why people like this series but Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U looked really complex and you needed this insane amount of time to finish it, apparently. If this game is more "inviting" I'll give it a shot but so far it looks like a real hardcore gamers' game and I'm just not the target demographic unfortunately.

I like it. I think it's a return to form for the Xeno series and its beginnings. (i.e. Xenogears and Saga) I like the mix between realistic features and anime as well but I think this was a good choice for this game.

Edit: Hiku stole my thunder, I couldn't have said it any better though.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 31 October 2017

I do very much like the shift in artstyle. Doing so to allow for more expressive characters especially is a great improvement over XCX, where while the enviroments looked beautiful, the characters' faces sometimes looks terrifying =_=

I've tried to keep a fairly modest view on XC2, after i hyped myself up for XCX after finishing XC and being quite disappointed in the end. I also don't want to instantly compare it to XC, rather, to allow it to shine on its own merits. From what i've seen though, i doesn't look to disappoint me at least.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I didn't mind it at it's reveal, but I still think it's growing more on me as time goes on, still definitely going to get this.