By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2: Regarding its Anime Style

Since the announcement of the game, it was heavinly critizised of its chosen art style. Throughout the board were some debates going on, which I actively didn't participated in but read through it. 

I personally don't really mind the style they choose as long as I have an engaging story with great characters and a lot of stuff to explore and to do.

Today I got a certain video recommended by youtube and watching the arguments of it, I kind of can get behind why they went with an anime look.

Well, watch it for yourself and tell me what you think about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df4BHLzDShI 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Tag will watch when home

What other AAA game in 2017 has cat girls?

Xenoblade 2 will win GOTY, for sure.

Tag

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I really like this art style compared to XCX that's for sure.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
caffeinade said:

Well, there's Morgana from P5, his male though. . . right? never finished the game lol, please don't spoil to anyone who is reading this, thanks.

I'm in the same boat— put off by the first two trailers, but after the last Nintendo direct and some other direct feed footage I started to like the designs., and the open-world looks gorgeous.

Was even more concerned about the story and characters after those first two trailers, but the Direct made that look a bit better too, so who knows.

Sunstrider said:
caffeinade said:

Well, there's Morgana from P5, his male though. . . right? never finished the game lol, please don't spoil to anyone who is reading this, thanks.

Isn't that just a cat though.

Xenoblade 2 will have cats and cat people.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 31 October 2017

caffeinade said:
Sunstrider said:

Well he keeps telling himself that he's a human though lol, so I went with that perspective of his .

Sunstrider said:
caffeinade said:

Well he keeps telling himself that he's a human though lol, so I went with that perspective of his .

I have not played Persona 5 yet.
Human is not the same as a cat person.
If he says he is a human, we should not undermine that by calling him a cat person.