By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Catalonia declares independence. Puigdemont free to roam Belgium.

Who do you support?

Spain 139 59.40%

Catalonia 95 40.60%

Total:234

If Spain is just going to keep blocking Catalonia's proposals for referendums then I'm very much in favour of their independence ...

Around the Network

Good luck to any Catalonians here in your endeavors toward independence, and I hope for it to be peaceful!

For few hours until Spain fixes this mess

Ka-pi96 said:

And in doing so exposing the entirety of the west as massive hypocrites to the rest of the world!

Pretty much. What should happen is the eu 'tells' these two to hold a second, but legal referendum. That, I really doubt. And Britain should go down there and claim Greater Gibraltar.

Last edited by fory77 - on 27 October 2017

fory77 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You mean see if there are any good guys in the east unlike the corrupt imperialist bitches of the west?

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""good guys in the east"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" nice one

All Spain had to do was make the referendum legal. But they knew the west would be with them, didn't want to risk a democratic defeat and made it illegal.

Spain needs to change the constitution to do that, is not that easy.

Around the Network

Goodnightmoon said:

Spain needs to change the constitution to do that, is not that easy.

Well they've made a solid state, that's commendable.

The parlament of Catalonia has 135 members, in order to make important decisions they have always needed around 90 votes but they declared themself an independent republic with only 70 votes from politic parties that represents a 48% of the population and using the results of an ilegal referendum with no guarantees and where people was able to vote several times, this is highly antidemocratic.

Now I have to wait for some John Oliver to tell me how to think about this.

And yet, despite being completely antidemocratic people on the poll supports it because independence is always seen as something romantic.... let's see what would happen if someday California decides to be independent with a minority of the population and just because they are richer than the rest.