By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

Wyrdness said:
Two 97 averages in one year, can't think of many platforms that have a launch year like this and the's still 5 months to go until it has a full 12 months.

Not sure if the info is accurate, but this was posted in the review thread over at IGN (page 1): 

"Nintendo has an opportunity to make history here with Super Mario Odyssey. If Super Mario Odyssey ends up being a 95%+ game with gaming journalists (minimum 20+ reviews), Nintendo will be the first developer in gaming history since online game reviews were first popularized in the mid 90s, to achieve two 95%+ brand new full package software games (not remasters/remakes/re-releases) in a single calendar. No developer has done this, ever."

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
killeryoshis said:
I have been mostly avoiding the internet until tomorrow. However these are the scores so far? Nice but expected. Once I saw Edge's score a few weeks ago I knew that this would be the case. However I am severely disappointed in Pro Jared's review score. He has it waaaay too low.

Like seriously an 8? C'mon Projared. We know you are bias. A 10 should be given at minimum. 11 or 12 is more correct.

He's reserving that place for MH World, lol.

Anyway, ProJared has always been more spot on when it comes to RPG's, so this score barely fazes me.

Yeah everyone has their own tastes.  But yeah, his One Minute Review of MH3U was freaking hilarious xD

Nintendo off to a very strong start in their mission to dominate the videogame universe.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I think the biggest reason Nintendo games get such high averages is because they appeal to an overwhelming majority of people. Other developers have their niche audiences and people outside said audiences miss the appeal. Or if a game from another developer/publisher has widespread appeal it usually isn't pushing boundaries.

That is why excellent Nintendo games migh get such enthusiasm behind them.

caffeinade said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sorry for the long post, here's a loli : 

Barakamon!

Never seen it, but yeah I know it's Barakamon!

Around the Network

The temptation of wanting to play it now but don't want it digitally, still 3 more hours to go for my local shop to post about the availability of a physical copy gah!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

caffeinade said:

Barakamon!

Never seen it, but yeah I know it's Barakamon!

Watch it.

andisart said:
Wyrdness said:
Two 97 averages in one year, can't think of many platforms that have a launch year like this and the's still 5 months to go until it has a full 12 months.

Not sure if the info is accurate, but this was posted in the review thread over at IGN (page 1): 

"Nintendo has an opportunity to make history here with Super Mario Odyssey. If Super Mario Odyssey ends up being a 95%+ game with gaming journalists (minimum 20+ reviews), Nintendo will be the first developer in gaming history since online game reviews were first popularized in the mid 90s, to achieve two 95%+ brand new full package software games (not remasters/remakes/re-releases) in a single calendar. No developer has done this, ever."

I think you're right actually I don't think any developer has managed that in one year.

sc94597 said:
I think the biggest reason Nintendo games get such high averages is because they appeal to an overwhelming majority of people. Other developers have their niche audiences and people outside said audiences miss the appeal. Or if a game from another developer/publisher has widespread appeal it usually isn't pushing boundaries.

That is why excellent Nintendo games migh get such enthusiasm behind them.

It's because of Nintendo's design approach they create gameplay mechanics first then build the game around them where as other developers do it the other way around.

caffeinade said:

Sorry for the long post, here's a loli : 

Barakamon!

Naru-chan <3

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)