By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

morenoingrato said:
KLXVER said:

Why? Just because he isnt a Nintendo fanatic, his opinions should just be ignored? He even says Nintendo makes good games.

This site is really harsh on people who ever dare to question anything about Nintendo. Its ridiculous.

Yeah, maybe I was being disrespectful towards Play! Zine. I shouldn't discount their opinion since at least they played and completed the game.

Well the reviewer tries to force his opinion on others. Thats different.

Around the Network

Chill, guys, each one will obviously have a different opinion! That's not something unusual. I like to hear different opinions from people who don't see greatness in this game, it's always nice to have a counterpart. I still want to play it myself to see if it's that great. BOTW delivered, not sure about SMO until I try it (it sure looks good though).

I'm just wondering how I wanna play this game. It's great to have some freedom to it, so I might rush to the ending to see every kingdom and explore them afterwards. It seems like moons are like Korok seeds in number, but they're hidden in pretty different ways, so it might be a really fun ride.

Currently a 98.92% on Gamerankings. It's now the most highest rated game on that website with 30 reviews.

It's absolute bonkers that a game cannot get a 10 if it has a flaw. It's nonsense, the sum of the score can be so that the positives outweight the negative(s). If a game does so much right, then minor flaws can be overlooked. I mean, The Last of Us had crap AI, but yet it still got 10s etc etc.

Also, this Nintendo bonus nonsense in reviews is based on nothing. Plenty of Nintendo games that get scored fairly (Star Fox Zero comes to mind).

OTBWY said:
It's absolute bonkers that a game cannot get a 10 if it has a flaw. It's nonsense, the sum of the score can be that the positives outweight the negative(s). If a game does so much right, then minor flaws can be overlooked. I mean, The Last of Us had crap AI, but yet it still got 10s etc etc

I agree that 10 shouldn't represent "flawless", but rather, "masterpiece", which gives leverage for games to feature some flaws here and there. No game is free of flaws, so it's absurd to create a scale system that somehow makes getting to the top impossible; rather, games that do amazing things should be commendated for that alone.

This being said, it should be noted that a flaw is a flaw, and how that flaw is weightened depends upon the person and his perception on how bad that flaw can be.

Minor flaws that pile up one with another can become annoyance. Annoyances often get in the way of complete total enjoyement.

Around the Network
irstupid said:

Lucky for you Nintendo games are good anytime. The sequels or next game typically don't make the prior game worhtless.

You coudl pick up Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 right now and thouroughly enjoy them.

Same with this game months or years from now.

Sadly for you, Nintendo games hardly drop in price. 2 years from now this will probbaly still be $60.00

Yeah, true, but that last part you mentioned is what's got me down. But one day I'm sure I'll find a good deal, or I may just be able to scrounge up enough money for it.

Two 97 averages in one year, can't think of many platforms that have a launch year like this and the's still 5 months to go until it has a full 12 months.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sorry for the long post, here's a loli : 

Barakamon!

TruckOSaurus said:
Ganoncrotch said:

LET ME OPEN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, it's so cruel! It's right there, fully loaded and Nintendo won't let me play it!

wonder if I just start craming more money into it will it start to play.....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I have been mostly avoiding the internet until tomorrow. However these are the scores so far? Nice but expected. Once I saw Edge's score a few weeks ago I knew that this would be the case. However I am severely disappointed in Pro Jared's review score. He has it waaaay too low.

Like seriously an 8? C'mon Projared. We know you are bias. A 10 should be given at minimum. 11 or 12 is more correct.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.