By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

LimaBean01 said:
Shaunodon said:

"PLAY! Zine
Oct 26, 2017
Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey."

I'll see after playing the game, but the way he's written this comes off either very immaturely, or like he's trying to provoke people.

Never heard of the outlet either.

Yep. The way he calls anyone who would rate it highly a zombie comes off as reactionary and trying to get attention :/

While it may be written badly, he doesn't say that.

He says that anyone that's a long-term Super Mario Fan won't find it challenging, unless they're a zombie.

His complaint is the game is too easy.

Around the Network

I will never understand the appeal in Mario games.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Shaunodon said:
LimaBean01 said:
One person on metacritic gave it 75 -_- take a good look at yourself and ask if it really deserves that...

"PLAY! Zine
Oct 26, 2017
Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey."

I'll see after playing the game, but the way he's written this comes off either very immaturely, or like he's trying to provoke people.

Never heard of the outlet either.

Reads like a 3/10.

He should probably revise it down so I get my prediction right.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Shaunodon said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I have no idea where you even got that number from, certainly not from JRPGfan or me, yet you speak as if my initial post was responding to it. And uh yes that would clearly still count as majority...

So as I figured, your point has nothing to do with my post, great...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/critic-reviews

Your point about majority is semantics, and I added a 'just' to try and get past that, but you obviously ignored it.

What you said about reviewers giving a different score as long they provide valid points, is absolutely true. But if 3 reviewers are that far off from the other 100+, then their reviews would have to contain points so comprehensive, that it made the other 100+ reviewers seem like either inept monkeys, or completely paid-off shills.

None of those 3 reviews (most cetainly not Jim Sterling) were anywhere near that quality.

It's not difficult to see which side was driven by an agenda, or just totally incompetent.

Ah of course, because I was totally talking about Zelda specifically, except I explicitly wasn't...

There's no way to justify your completely off tangent response, but you can keep trying if you want, I'm just gonna ignore it now as this conversation is only making me lose brain cells.

guiduc said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Thanks for this, didn't know there were motion controls in this game. They damn better be optional since they don't do anything a simple button press couldn't.

It's much in the vein of ARMS, where the motion controls are optional, but enhances and deepens your gameplay resources.

Good that it's optional, but I don't see how it deepens or enhances things.

TruckOSaurus said:
Damn, Metacritic is struggling right now.

It's like the people running it didn't realise, they had 3 of the biggest titles' embargos dropping all at once.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
I will never understand the appeal in Mario games.

That's not at problem at all if you find other gaming experiences which you love. It's a shame that you can't enjoy Mario games though, I've always had so much fun with them .

Barkley said:
LimaBean01 said:

Yep. The way he calls anyone who would rate it highly a zombie comes off as reactionary and trying to get attention :/

While it may be written badly, he doesn't say that.

He says that anyone that's a long-term Super Mario Fan won't find it challenging, unless they're a zombie.

His complaint is the game is too easy

Yeah i think I read too much into that. Just kinda seems like 'it's too bad (easy) and if you disagree you're brainwashed' you know?

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Shaunodon said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/critic-reviews

Your point about majority is semantics, and I added a 'just' to try and get past that, but you obviously ignored it.

What you said about reviewers giving a different score as long they provide valid points, is absolutely true. But if 3 reviewers are that far off from the other 100+, then their reviews would have to contain points so comprehensive, that it made the other 100+ reviewers seem like either inept monkeys, or completely paid-off shills.

None of those 3 reviews (most cetainly not Jim Sterling) were anywhere near that quality.

It's not difficult to see which side was driven by an agenda, or just totally incompetent.

Ah of course, because I was totally talking about Zelda specifically, except I explicitly wasn't...

There's no way to justify your completely off tangent response, but you can keep trying if you want, I'm just gonna ignore it now as this conversation is only making me lose brain cells.

guiduc said:

It's much in the vein of ARMS, where the motion controls are optional, but enhances and deepens your gameplay resources.

Good that it's optional, but I don't see how it deepens or enhances things.

You can move Cappy in a lot more axis with the motion controls, make him go circling around, something that isn't quite possible with attached controllers. Much like you can give direction to the punches you throw in ARMS, something you can't really do with regular controls.

97!