By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nights Of Azure 2 Switch Has Horrible Frame Rate Problems in Portable Mode

I had no idea this released already. It seemed like it was done quietly. I heard the 1st one is pretty good, so is this one good as well..?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
I had no idea this released already. It seemed like it was done quietly. I heard the 1st one is pretty good, so is this one good as well..?

If you like hack n slash and anime, then yeah. I'm enjoying it. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
I sent an inquiry to Koei about this and the fact it doesn’t show up in the activity log.
They said both issues are getting fixed in the next planned update

Nice.

Games are fun.

Cloudman said:

I'm enjoying it. Aside from the handheld performance my only gripe with this game is that whenever you return to your base (hotel) you have to sleep. So when trying to complete the sub quests you are on a strict time limit  that gets annoying because as you complete some sub quests others open up in other areas that you cant travel to without returning to the hotel. If you get it you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Games are fun.

Cloudman said:

Not even close

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Cloudman said:

itsyounghavok said:
Cloudman said:

I'm enjoying it. Aside from the handheld performance my only gripe with this game is that whenever you return to your base (hotel) you have to sleep. So when trying to complete the sub quests you are on a strict time limit  that gets annoying because as you complete some sub quests others open up in other areas that you cant travel to without returning to the hotel. If you get it you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Good to hear it's fun. If there's no other issues aside from the weird portable frame rate problems, I'd like to give this game a look

ryuzaki57 said:
Cloudman said:

Not even close

So it's not good then..?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Paatar said:

itsyounghavok said:

Good to hear it's fun. If there's no other issues aside from the weird portable frame rate problems, I'd like to give this game a look

ryuzaki57 said:

Not even close

So it's not good then..?

lol yeah its pretty cool. Not worth 60 dollars though. At least not imo. Id wait for a price drop or sale and then pick it up. Or maybe buy it for collectors purposes cause im pretty sure its run will be limited physically. All in all im enjoying it, it fits nicely in my switch library which is dominated by jrps at the moment.

Games are fun.

Might get this one later when the price goes down... I am always glad to play more JRPGs but I can't say I heard a lot of good things about this game...

Cloudman said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Not even close

So it's not good then..?

I have detailed my opinion here

https://ryuz4ki57inenglish.wordpress.com/2017/10/07/review-nights-of-azure-2/

There are far more competent A-RPGs right now on PS4/PSV : Tokyo Xanadu, NieR Automata, Ys VIII, AW vs SAO or Fate Extella (this one you can get on Switch as well)

itsyounghavok said:
Cloudman said:

So it's not good then..?

lol yeah its pretty cool. Not worth 60 dollars though. At least not imo. Id wait for a price drop or sale and then pick it up. Or maybe buy it for collectors purposes cause im pretty sure its run will be limited physically. All in all im enjoying it, it fits nicely in my switch library which is dominated by jrps at the moment.

I guess I'd just wait for a price drop if I consider trying this later down the line. It sounds like it has a lot of problems.

ryuzaki57 said:
Cloudman said:

So it's not good then..?

I have detailed my opinion here

https://ryuz4ki57inenglish.wordpress.com/2017/10/07/review-nights-of-azure-2/

There are far more competent A-RPGs right now on PS4/PSV : Tokyo Xanadu, NieR Automata, Ys VIII, AW vs SAO or Fate Extella (this one you can get on Switch as well)

Seems like quite a shame that the sequel is so poorly made after what sounded like a good 1st game. If it's not good, then I'll pass for the time being.

Dance my pretties!