By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nights Of Azure 2 Switch Has Horrible Frame Rate Problems in Portable Mode

itsyounghavok said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Switch is doomed if it can't even run this game ....

it runs just fine in docked mode, just Gust phoned it in when it comes to handheld. I'm hoping they patch it. Most games tend to run better in handheld mode, this is atrocious.

Noo games run better  in handheld  mode... :/

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
nemo37 said:
I think they should take the approach other developers, including Nintendo themselves, are taking and optimize for the portable mode first then build-off of that for docked mode.

^ this.

Treat the Switch as a handheld, and develope with that in mind, then scale it up afterwards for docked.

Works for nintendo.

That's what you get for buying this trash.

Bad frame rate?

Don't you mean better frame rate. It's basically got itself an automated snapshot mode.
At 60 fps, the panty shots are to brief. Better to be at more of a slideshow speed.

Bandorr said:
I guess that makes the decision easy.

I was torn between PS4 or switch because the idea of grinding on handheld sounded nice.
If the game is that bad handheld, I will just get it on PS4.

see

ryuzaki57 said:
Hardly surprised by this. Imported it for PS4 and it had quite some framerate drops too. NoA2 was completely rushed and you can see that in the inconsistency of the story.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
itsyounghavok said:

it runs just fine in docked mode, just Gust phoned it in when it comes to handheld. I'm hoping they patch it. Most games tend to run better in handheld mode, this is atrocious.

BotW ran better in handheld mode than it did docked. From what I've heard Fire Emblem Warriors maintains its framerate better in handheld mode too.

Games are fun.

p0isonparadise said:
That's what you get for buying this trash.

Its not a bad game by any means, I will definitely say tho that it is NOT worth 60 bucks. 40 seems about right. The gameplay is alright.

Games are fun.

I sent an inquiry to Koei about this and the fact it doesn’t show up in the activity log.
They said both issues are getting fixed in the next planned update

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

xl-klaudkil said:
itsyounghavok said:

If you look at resolution, yes. But some of the bottlenecks in docked mode aren't there, simply because they stay constant across all modes, which explains why certain games tend to have better performance (in terms of framerate) undocked.

It's like how BoTW holds 30 fps at 720p while undocked, but has some trouble holding 30 fps in certain areas at 900p while docked.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Paatar said:
I sent an inquiry to Koei about this and the fact it doesn’t show up in the activity log.
They said both issues are getting fixed in the next planned update

YAY! Great to read this!