By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Insomniac On Sunset Overdrive 2: "We Just Need To Find A Publisher!"

caffeinade said:
ShadowSoldier said:
This is why Microsoft SUCKS. They are afraid to take risks even with a critically viable prospect. How am I as a Gamer and a consumer supposed to have faith in a company like that.

Not many companies are willing to make art for the sake of art.
At the risk of profitability.

Not Sony, not Nintendo, not Valve and not Microsoft.

For art sake no, but they can be a platform to grow their own market.

The level of risk Sony is willing to take is one that only 4 in every 10 games break even and that only 2 really bring a lot of money and covers for the cost of all those other 6 that failed... and they will use those as test to new games that could enter that 2 in 10.

But all the 10 brings customers to the ecosystem, sell HW and that allows them to collect royalties from 3rd parties.

MS is just lazy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Maybe Sony hasn't funded it because they can't get the first game as well? I wish Microsoft could fund it as I loved the first game but hopefully it could go multiplat. Funny how Microsoft pushes the hell out of Crackdown 3 which looked blah to everyone and didn't think of how great SO2 could look on the One X.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Meh, someone will publish it.

Though, then having so much trouble maybe shows the lack of huge sales maybe had more to do than just Xbone owners not buying it. Personally I think it had good gameplay, but the constant parkouring and hip edgy dialogue probably turned people off.

It's hard out here

Since no one else is tossing out a third party publisher, I'll give one such name; THQ Nordic. I'd prefer that we all get to play the game, rather than watching another stupid waste of a tussle for console exclusivity.The first one isn't likely to go anywhere else, just like with Titanfall and Bayo 2 in regards to Nintendo, but if they are going to make a sequel, at least choose a third party publisher. one that will allow for adequate breathing room.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

n\blah

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ThisGuyFooks said:

EDIT: Can we pretty much discard Microsoft? I liked the first one, i hope someone takes it and publish it for all consoles.

Lol truth... it's a culture problem. If the roles were reversed with Sony having Microsofts marketshare , this game would've sold better. Sony gamers have been conditioned and respond better to these types of games (probabaly because insomniac has been secondparty for Sony since the early 2000s)Xbox gamers like a certain section of things. You could draw a perimeter on it. I partially blame Sony for causing insomniac to look to a platform that isn't conditioned to hail its titles with favor but business is business, I guess.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 31 October 2017

Dr.Vita said:
I love Insomniac Games, they are one of the most honest developers we have in this business!

Yes. Maybe after the new Spiderman-Game a new Ratchet Jump'n Run :) ? Or new ip maybe ?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Meh, someone will publish it

who ?