By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most Badass Nintendo Commercial!

Yea, its pretty good.

Around the Network

What's this? A sizzle reel commercial focusing on thematically connected games? That are rated T-M? That's targeted at adults and well made? AND IT INCLUDES A NON-EXCLUSIVE THIRD PARTY GAME?!

Yes! YES! YEEEESSS!

FINALLY! They've missed opportunities like this for so dang long. This is how it's supposed to be done! And this is in supplement to specific ads too!

Also great to see them including XC2 in their holiday marketing strategy THIS early on!  XCX got no mention in any sizzle reel ads and no marketing *at all* until late November.  

Nice one.

My favorite Nintendo commercial is still this one: 

It's okay. But it's not quite...

That's pretty awesome indeed, not just the fact that they are actively getting peoples attention, but seeing the likes of Skyrim on a Nintendo machine.... and a handheld effectively as well. What a time to be a gamer.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

That's really well done, surprised. Doesn't feel cheesy or forced, but feels professional like (hate to say it) a Sony ad.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

...ARE THEY ACTUALLY MAKING A TRAILER SHOWING OFF THREE GAMES WITH A SIMILAR THEME TO THEM????

Good show good show! I like that this is essentially an "RPG" trialer(yes, I know mussuo is different but)!

It's showing of Xenoblade next to Skyrim and Fire Emblem : D

OTBWY said:

Nice one.

To me that looks like it inspired the PS3 trailers xD

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
OTBWY said:

Nice one.

I believe the GC commercial was in turn inspired by the PS1 commercials xD

OTBWY said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I believe the GC commercial was in turn inspired by the PS1 commercials xD

I just find the GC commercial a little too weird :P

My favorite old school Nintendo commercial is definitely the Get N or Get Out ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0LgvZm8DP0

That slogan is honestly pretty badass, you gotta admit :P