By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So where are all the SNES Classics Reggie promised?

I was going to write a conspiracy thread of how Nintendo is using the SNES Classic as a bait and switch but I will just make this a simple thread.  I was just wondering where are all the promised systems?  Still going for double the price on Amazon and probably ebay.  It would be amazing to just be able to walk into a store and buy one.

Around the Network

They're all in scalpers' houses and storage rooms.
\(*`∧´)/

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Shortage of uh .... purple buttons. Apple is using all the ... uh ... oxygen ... in ... uh ... Chinese factories. Minaturizing the Super NES is intensive because it requires taking a full sized SNES and uh .... shrinking it.

Any more excuses Reggie?

First, I don't think you know what a "bait and switch" actually is. Second, it was the top-selling hardware of September. Factories can only produce so much so quickly.

Medisti said:
First, I don't think you know what a "bait and switch" actually is. Second, it was the top-selling hardware of September. Factories can only produce so much so quickly.

You walk into the store and can't find any SNES Classics.  You haven't bought the Switch yet and see 3 Switches sitting there. 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Medisti said:

You walk into the store and can't find any SNES Classics.  You haven't bought the Switch yet and see 3 Switches sitting there. 

I don't really know what your point is. The SNES Classic is the "hot new thing" so people are going for that over the Switch.

It's not what the conspiracists think (intentionally creating less than demand) but they ARE intentionally being careful because that's what Nintendo does. For some reason, they're uber afraid of overstock.

Medisti said:
sethnintendo said:

I don't really know what your point is. The SNES Classic is the "hot new thing" so people are going for that over the Switch.

"In this case, it's not [a supply issue]. I would strongly urge you not to over-bid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites... You shouldn't [have to] pay more than $79.99."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/dont_pay_over_the_odds_for_a_snes_classic_mini_urges_reggie_fils-aime

AlfredoTurkey said:
It's not what the conspiracists think (intentionally creating less than demand) but they ARE intentionally being careful because that's what Nintendo does. For some reason, they're uber afraid of overstock.

Why not open up demand on their website?  I'd gladly put my order in for a 2-4 week turnaround instead of this bullshit.  Don't you think they could more accurately gauge demand through website orders?

sethnintendo said:
Medisti said:

"In this case, it's not [a supply issue]. I would strongly urge you not to over-bid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites... You shouldn't [have to] pay more than $79.99."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/dont_pay_over_the_odds_for_a_snes_classic_mini_urges_reggie_fils-aime

But, what does that have to do with walking into a store and finding Switches and not SNES classics? They could make ten million and if ten million buy it, it'll be sold out just the same. And, from what I'm hearing, it sold well over a million in its first month in NA alone.