By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So where are all the SNES Classics Reggie promised?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

In the US, the SNES mini outsold the NES mini LT numbers in it's first month. In fact, first weekend. Demand is that high.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

(Link removed)

Last edited by Miguel_Zorro - on 30 October 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

sethnintendo said:
d21lewis said:
Don't forget, the NES classic is supposed to come back, too.

Great I can't fucking wait for another return of barely any units shipped compared to demand.

You're not one of those "glass half full" people, are you?

I saw a lot of them in here. Didn't know there were supply issues this time...

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
I saw a lot of them in here. Didn't know there were supply issues this time...

Send them to Austin, Texas please.

They’re not hard to find. I just lined up about 5 minutes before the shop opened and managed to get one, they did sell out eventually, but only because a ton of people showed up.

They have been on retail shop shelves since, and have frequently been available online. It’s probably a lot less effort to find one than the effort you have put into complaining on messageboards. If something is very popular, it is going to be difficult to get at launch, that is how it has been through the entire history of retail.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 29 October 2017

Jumpin said:

They’re not hard to find. I just lined up about 5 minutes before the shop opened and managed to get one, they did sell out eventually, but only because a ton of people showed up.

They have been on retail shop shelves since, and have frequently been available online. It’s probably a lot less effort to find one than the effort you have put into complaining on messageboards. If something is very popular, it is going to be difficult to get at launch, that is how it has been through the entire history of retail.

I tried to get it on launch day.  There were about 20 people in line at the Walmart I went to at 6:00 am when they were going to start selling them.  Of course the damn place only got like 10 of them so half of us were sent packing.  I then decided to go home and eat then head to Toysrus a hour early.  I get to Toysrus a hour early and there were like 50 people lined up already so I didn't even bother because there was no way they had 50+ units. 

I'm probably just going to wait till the price drops to 80 on Amazon.  That would signal that it is in stock everywhere.  I don't like going to retail stores that often and I don't want to drive around wasting time and gas.  Perhaps I might try and find when the stores get the stock and show up early one more time but I think getting in lines for a product is stupid.

amazon.de sells new for under 130€.
what are you guys talking about? scalpers also realized the new production is on the way. with shipping and amazon margin, we talk about a few bucks winning... they realize now that this was not worth the effort. everybody who wants it has it by now.

Nintendo shipped 1.7 million day 1. This is not just by far the biggest Nintendo launch shipment, but the biggest of any console in history, as it is nearly 60% ahead of the PS4's 1.07M units.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232551&page=2#10

So, I don't know what to say. A gargantuan number were shipped day 1, and there have been shipments since at a rate of once every 2-3 days. They do sell out fast because it's this year's cabbage patch kid. But they are also shipping millions of these things.